2016 Rio Summer Olympics

I was actually amazed when I turned it on and saw Australia winning. I don't watch many events in the Summer Olympics since our athletes aren't all that great but you just wait till the Winter ones, I'm already jotting down some trash talk for then. :shifty: 

1 hour ago, VerbalRick said:

When I read this I thought it was in response to the guy breaking his leg. 

Slogger is many things but he does not take pleasure in dudes breaking legs.

Gutted that we lost the basketball, I mean it was always going to happen but the hope was there until the last 5 minutes of the 4th.

• Admin

Ukrainian gymnast Oleg Verniaiev, originally from the now pro-Russian rebel-held Donetsk, has refused to talk to Russian media after winning silver at the Olympics in Rio.

The Ukrainian version of the tribuna.com sports website reported: "A Russian TV correspondent called for Verniaiev. When the man from Donetsk [Verniaiev] came up to the correspondent and saw the microphone with 'Rossiya [Russia]' on it, he demonstratively turned around and left for the locker room, without saying a word."

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I don't mind golf but the fact it's an Olympic sport is a bit of a joke. 

I think they should scrap the Olympic football as well. Instead have beach football or indoor 5-a-side, similar to how they have rugby 7's instead of rugby. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MDK said:

I think they should scrap the Olympic football as well. Instead have beach football or indoor 5-a-side, similar to how they have rugby 7's instead of rugby. 

I've really enjoyed the Rugby 7s whilst it's been on. There's been some cracking games. 

You are right about football though. Indoor 5 a side would be amazing  if they had it in the Olympics.  

The difference between men's and women's is huge in soccer. Men's is just a plain U23 tournament with a couple big names scattered about. Women's is basically a second World Cup. Fortunately for me I kind of care more about the USWNT than the USMNT.

An indoor tournament would be a blast.

Also, NBC's coverage is egregious. They will essentially only re-air events the US won in unless they don't have enough events to air then you'll see other countries. Making everyone rely on their app to see what they want is stupid.

8 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I've really enjoyed the Rugby 7s whilst it's been on. There's been some cracking games. 

You are right about football though. Indoor 5 a side would be amazing  if they had it in the Olympics.  

Seriously tho, the 7's are brilliant. Even the 5-0 GB game the other day was thrilling.