2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

What a ridiculous comeback. Atlanta never really had the ball and despite a huge lead their defense was just getting worn down. I'm shocked NE came all the way back, I figured they'd wind up like 3 points short or something. In fact they should have wound up 3 points short since after that Julio Jones catch all Atlanta needed to do was call 3 runs, drain clock, go up 11 and make the game virtually over.

Instead we know what happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

It's an unfortunate side effect yes.  I know people who have been donating money for groups to counter the bad taste of the Trump-Pats connection.  

I did see Martellus Bennett say he is going to skip the White House visit, which is nice.

Bennett will be cut next year then, I suppose.

1 minute ago, New Year New Srar! said:

So do you guys only hate it because of the Trump connection? Because I mean you talked about cheating before but that clearly didn't happen this year

I only hate it because of Tom Brady. If it was Garappolo, I'd be all for it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mick said:

Then fucking hate Atlanta for blowing a 25 point lead. It was there game to lose, and well...

What I feel for them is sympathy. As a Cardinals fan I'm sad to see a team looking for its first Super Bowl lose out to a team who has won more than their fair share, especially in this manner. Yes, if it had been the same comeback but the opposite teams I'd be loving it but that is just how sport works.

It was a hell of a comeback, hell of a performance by Brady. I just can never be happy to see them winning yet again.

Serious question, is there any chance he retires on top now? Or is he definitely coming back for another year?

The word out of Pats camp prior to this game even being played is that they think 3-5 more years for Brady is possible.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a couple more Super Bowl trips left in him in that span.  I'm doubtful we'll ever seen someone win 5 again in our lifetime so at this point even I'm indifferent if he gets more.