2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

Just now, Adam said:

None of that to happen?

Hate the Patriots, hate Brady. Love Kurt Warner, that's his passing record that fell.

Yes it was a good game but the outcome is terrible. If I were to list the 32 teams in order of preference to see winning the Super Bowl, the Patriots would be 33rd.

Then fucking hate Atlanta for blowing a 25 point lead. It was there game to lose, and well...

• Like 1

Just now, Lowerdeck said:

Hi

I like to think this whole experience is soured for you knowing how excited Brady and Belichick are going to be to give Trump a jersey.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mick said:

Anyway, most of you are fucking insufferable. I get that you hate New England, but you just saw the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history, the first QB to start and win five Super Bowls, the first overtime Super Bowl, and a passing yard record set by said QB. What more do you want in a fucking football game? 

You better not moan when Reigns wins a title again.

2 minutes ago, Mick said:

Anyway, most of you are fucking insufferable. I get that you hate New England, but you just saw the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history, the first QB to start and win five Super Bowls, the first overtime Super Bowl, and a passing yard record set by said QB. What more do you want in a fucking football game? 

You're good people and I am sorely biased, but you know what else I would want in that game.

The worst part isn't the loss or the stats, it's that my favorite team will now always be linked as one of the worst performances in NFL history.  This replaces Norwood and I will have to hear about it every time I wear anything Falcons related.

• Like 1

1. 'Remain have got this'. Fall asleep and wake up in a nightmarish hellscape. 

2. 'Democrats have got this'. Fall asleep and wake up in a nightmarish hellscape. 

3. 'Falcons have got this at 28-9'. Fall asleep and wake up in a nightmarish hellscape. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, New Year New Srar! said:

I know I make fun of WWE for doing this too much but that was fucking HISTORY! You can hate it if you want but that was a historic comeback

To give a better explanation of why I'm so frustrated about the results, I'm going to use a baseball analogy.

Say last year, the Cubs made the World Series and it was against the Alex Rodriguez led New York Yankees. A-Rod did steroids. He cheated. I'm a Yankees fan and I hate him.

Now, let's say in the World Series, the Cubs, a team without a title in 100-years goes up three games to none over the Yankees. Things are looking good. The good guys are going to win. All is right in the world. The underdogs that haven't won in forever are going to be kings of the sport and the cheater and his team are going to get the comeuppance.

But game four comes along and the Yankees win. Bah, you let them have one right? Three games to one lead, piece of cake. But the Yanks take Game Five, now. Hmm. This...this isn't sitting well. What's going on here? Put your foot on their throat and end this right? Not so much, Cubbies mess up and the Yanks win game six, taking the series to a full seven when the Cubs were so close to winning the whole thing for the first time in a century.

Game seven comes along and the Cubs lead the whole game. They go into the bottom of the ninth with a solid 3-0 lead. But the first three Yankees get on base and who steps to bat? The cheater himself, Alex Rodriguez. A-Roid smacks a grand slam to walk off and win the World Series sending your Cubbies back home, without a title once again.

Now, the franchise that did everything right, and went about the game the right way choked, sure. But it was more that the sports gods saw to it to not only curse the underdogs that do things the right way, but they also chose to award the cheater.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I like to think this whole experience is soured for you knowing how excited Brady and Belichick are going to be to give Trump a jersey.

It's an unfortunate side effect yes.  I know people who have been donating money for groups to counter the bad taste of the Trump-Pats connection.  

I did see Martellus Bennett say he is going to skip the White House visit, which is nice.