2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

10 minutes ago, New Year New Srar! said:

So do you guys only hate it because of the Trump connection? Because I mean you talked about cheating before but that clearly didn't happen this year

The Trump thing doesn't help.  I mean I kinda find it hard to get myself totally wrapped up in WWE because of the Trump connections there, too.

Just now, #BROKEN Busch said:

The Trump thing doesn't help.  I mean I kinda find it hard to get myself totally wrapped up in WWE because of the Trump connections there, too.

That kind of thinking will never allow you to enjoy anything ever. But if thats how you want to go about it, so be it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alex. said:

That kind of thinking will never allow you to enjoy anything ever. But if thats how you want to go about it, so be it.

There are plenty of entertainment mediums I can enjoy that didn't support a Trump administration.  I don't intend on turning this into a full political discussion, there's another thread for that.  But I will say that as our President's policies get continually worse and more horrifying, it's going to be harder and harder for me to be accepting of people who continue to support him.  Right now, it minges me a bit but I can usually look past it.  But once we get deeper into the territory of people having their rights taken away from them, it's going to become impossible for me to overlook as just a minor difference of opinion.  Just my two cents.

That's why I love Martellus Bennett for already speaking out about not going to the White House.  Good on him.

• Like 1

How come in baseball, hockey and basketball playoffs, it comes down to best-of-7-series but in football its all decided by one freakin' game?

This is equivalent to the Yankees winning the World Series or the Lakers winning the NBA Finals. You just expect it to happen because its happened so many times before, but cheer like hell for an underdog to come through and knock them off anyway. Screw the Patriots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Why does everyone hate New England? 

I call it the John Cena effect. Back 15-20 years ago, they weren't that big of a deal, but over the past decade-plus they've accumulated so many championships that they're no longer the underdog, they're a dynasty, to paraphrase C.M. Punk.

I dislike the Patriots for the following reasons:

1. Rampant cheating

2. Tom Brady and his diva behavior

3. Bill Bellichek and his overall scummy behavior

4. They're in AFC East

5. Richard Spencer and Donald Trump are supporters.

6. Blatant favoritism in refereeing.

Oh and 7. Dan Marino was five times the quarterback Brady ever was.

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 5

I've got to say, as someone with only a passing interest in the NFL. The overtime rules are absolutely bullshit, it's the equivalent of a penalty shoot out in football being 'first to score wins' and the first player scores the penalty and it's all over without the second team getting a chance at winning. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Handsome Gazz said:

I've got to say, as someone with only a passing interest in the NFL. The overtime rules are absolutely bullshit, it's the equivalent of a penalty shoot out in football being 'first to score wins' and the first player scores the penalty and it's all over without the second team getting a chance at winning. 

It was worse before when winning the coin toss and kick a field goal would win it. Never went to OT in a Super Bowl before so its never had a spotlight shined on it like this.

1 minute ago, Handsome Gazz said:

Actually, it used to be flat-out sudden death.

Now if the first team to get possession scores a field goal on their first drive, the other team can match it to tie or score a touchdown to win.

Still shit, but less shit. Besides the sport has bigger problems, like how the helmets really do fuck all when it comes to protecting the head.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AMERICAngle2017 said:

How come in baseball, hockey and basketball playoffs, it comes down to best-of-7-series but in football its all decided by one freakin' game?

This is equivalent to the Yankees winning the World Series or the Lakers winning the NBA Finals. You just expect it to happen because its happened so many times before, but cheer like hell for an underdog to come through and knock them off anyway. Screw the Patriots.

Who actually thought it was going to happen after that first half though? I figured there was no way that Atlanta was losing that. Nothing seemed to go right for the team throughout three quarters even.