2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

If that win in is against Washington then theoretically 9 could be enough.

I much more pessimistic now but if (big if) the offence clicks then any team is beatable. JPP is a big loss but I think the defense can still compensate for the offence if it improves somewhat.  

16 hours ago, TCO said:

If that win in is against Washington then theoretically 9 could be enough.

I much more pessimistic now but if (big if) the offence clicks then any team is beatable. JPP is a big loss but I think the defense can still compensate for the offence if it improves somewhat.  

You will probably beat us.

I see us beating Chicago, losing to Dallas and the Giants and having to play for the division title against the Packers in week 17.

1 hour ago, DFF said:

I see us beating Chicago, losing to Dallas and the Giants and having to play for the division title against the Packers in week 17.

Every Giants game left is a 50/50 shot at best I think, I like Detroit. If I can't get a Giants Super Bowl then I want it to be Oakland vs Detroit, love their QBs and that prospect would be surreal just a few years ago.

This division is quite fun - look at the games left!

Chiefs (10-3):
vs. Titans
vs. Broncos
at Chargers

Raiders (10-3):
at Chargers
vs. Colts
at Broncos

Denver (8-4):
at Titans
vs. Patriots
at Chiefs
vs. Raiders

Could we end up with a three-way tie at the top on 12-4? If Broncos win out (Pats game might be a stretch, but it's at home), and the Chiefs and Raiders win their other remaining games - who holds the tie-breaker? Denver over Kansas over Oakland?

21 hours ago, DFF said:

We can beat the Giants.

We could also lose.

The defense is getting better and better each week, and I have full confidence in Stafford right now. First thing though, beat the Bears. 

10 minutes ago, Lineklaus said:

London will host four games next year, with the trams and venues to be announced on Tuesday.

New transportation to/from the venue? :P

On a more serious note, any guesses at the games? We know Saints/Dolphins is one, and Ravens/Jaguars is being very heavily rumoured. What about the other two? Rams are due to play another IS game (though, possibly in Mexico).

11 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Why is Denver beating New England, in Denver, a stretch? New England isn't the unstoppable monster some of you are making them out to be.

Tom Brady is on another level this year, and the Broncos (whilst still good, and one of the better teams in the conference) don't quite strike the ever loving fear into opposing teams as they did last year. I'd expect it to be close, and Denver could easily win, but I see it as a 30-70 sort of chance based on how ridiculous the Pats are this year.

It's the NFL, though. Things change week to week. Everybody and their mums expected the Pats to blast past Denver in the playoffs too. This defense has shown on more than one occasion that they are capable of shutting the offense, including the infallible Tom Brady, down. I think this same exact conversation happened last year right before the AFC championship game. :lol: Pretty sure it was everyone against me on that one though!

Even in the likely event they get a bye Pats SHOULD have a tough draw in the divisional round - Steelers, Ravens, any of the AFC West teams.  All of those are in play.  The only team I think they'd mercilessly stomp is the AFC South winner should that team advance in the Wild Card game.

In the last five years it feels like they've only seriously been challenged in their first playoff game once (Ravens).  A first round bye for them has often been a bye to the AFC Title game.  I really hope this is the year they go one and done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DFF said:

Could we end up with a three-way tie at the top on 12-4? If Broncos win out (Pats game might be a stretch, but it's at home), and the Chiefs and Raiders win their other remaining games - who holds the tie-breaker? Denver over Kansas over Oakland?

Kansas over Denver over Cleveland.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Three or More Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Kansas would be 3-1, Denver would be 2-2, Oakland would be 1-3.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Meacon said:

Why is Denver beating New England, in Denver, a stretch? New England isn't the unstoppable monster some of you are making them out to be.

Not without Gronk they aren't.

I'm ok with this loss. 10-3 and looking at a rematch with Houston in the playoffs doesn't scare me. It's about what I expected this season, anything else is gravy.

Yeah the Pats minus Gronk are a completely different team. Brady is a completely different player without him, and he's also a lot worse when he's under pressure. Denver winning there is not a stretch, and hopefully I'm not getting ahead of myself but Baltimore winning there isn't either.

On 12/9/2016 at 08:00, Meacon said:

New England tends to struggle in Denver too.  The Broncos are the only team which Brady has a losing record against.