2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

• Admin
34 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

That tells me one of two things: either Stan Kroenke doesn't believe the Rams can do any better with a different coach, or he doesn't care about the team's record as long as they're making a profit. 

Ding ding ding ding ding

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Thank you Arizona for clinching Dallas a berth to the playoffs now.

Maxx I got a question for you. Is it just one game between tonight and next week we need Seattle to lose while also beating Giants if possible to clinch home field come next week or would we need Seattle to lose a specific one between these two or would it have to be both?

I just checked the remaining games and yes, Dallas can clinch home field next week with a Seattle loss...but they need Detroit to lose, as well. If Dallas wins next week, loses out and the Lions win out (including a week 16 win over Dallas), the Lions will have home-field.

2016...the year in NFL where Home-Field in the NFC is between the Cowboys and the Lions. 2016 is weird...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

That tells me one of two things: either Stan Kroenke doesn't believe the Rams can do any better with a different coach, or he doesn't care about the team's record as long as they're making a profit. 

Jeff Fisher has pictures of him with a Democrat I bet.

2 hours ago, james_ewing88 said:

I just checked the remaining games and yes, Dallas can clinch home field next week with a Seattle loss...but they need Detroit to lose, as well. If Dallas wins next week, loses out and the Lions win out (including a week 16 win over Dallas), the Lions will have home-field.

2016...the year in NFL where Home-Field in the NFC is between the Cowboys and the Lions. 2016 is weird...

As well as this season is going - we aren't winning out, haha. 

5 hours ago, Meacon said:

Trump already won the Presidency and the Cubs won the World Series. We may as well go completely batshit with it.

I'm in.

The Lions are perplexing, a head coach most people think is awful, and a battered defense giving up a ton of yards but not giving up a lot of points. Stafford is playing very well which is of course a big part of the success, the Oline suddenly being competent (with two rookies) is also a factor. I don't know, the Lions defense is suddenly turning pretty good and I think our DC deserves a lot of credit for turning them around after a horrible start.

On 12/5/2016 at 11:25, GhostMachine said:

He isn't too far off from being football's Jeffrey Loria at this point

17 hours ago, Lint said:

ESPN needs to pair him with Gruden for Monday Night Football.

• Like 1

Speaking of ESPN, their ratings last night were awful. Like 2nd lowest rated game awful. The ratings mess continues...like honestly my NCAA 14 game was much better to play instead of watching that toilet of a game

JPP done for the rest of the regular season after groin surgery.

Fuuuuuuuuuck.  That might actually close off any realistic path for the Giants to make the playoffs.  They needed two more wins to be in safely and now I'm just not sure they can do it.  The only thing they'd been able to count on was the defense keeping them in games and now they've lost one of their two best defensive players.

I could easily see them losing out and finishing 8-8.  9-7 might still be enough for a NFC team to get to the playoffs but based on tiebreakers I can't imagine that'd be enough to get the Giants in unless they get help from other teams.

I still see them making the playoffs but no doubt that's a huge blow. McAdoo needs to work his magic on offense now more than ever if we want to get anything done in the playoffs because what we've been doing isn't going to cut it. If you're not going to throw to Cruz at all then I wouldn't be against just taking him off the field and adding in another big on the line so we can try and develop a half decent running game.

Cruz was only on the field for like 20 snaps on Sunday.  Will Tye was getting lined up at receiver pretty regularly, and Roger Lewis was also cutting into Cruz' time.

I love the guy and appreciate what he's done for us.  We don't win Super Bowl 46 without him.  But he very rarely gets separation anymore.  Speed was his biggest asset and at 30 years old after two and a half lost seasons and several major knee operations it's understandable that he's slowed down considerably.  I'd be very surprised if he was a Giant in 2017.