2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

53 minutes ago, damshow said:

I don't see the Raiders missing the playoffs. I'm wary of their defense in a playoff game, but it's such a crapshoot in January. I'm real glad the Raiders are doing well, a great fanbase that's been treated like absolute shit from all angles for the past decade. Everything's coming together nicely for them now, and it's very deserved.

I'm aware I'm known as an '8-8 Guy' in preseason predictions, but a lot of shit could happen. If you told me 2 weeks ago we'd be 9-2, I'd think we're a lock. Maybe not for the division because of KC, but for the playoffs, but we still need to show we can beat KC, and Miami is coming on strong. I think we can beat Miami, but that that's another spot up for grabs. 

NON-EDIT EDIT: Took me forever to write this, I'm stoned, but looking over the standings, you might be right. Outside of NE, the AFCW Classics (sorry, SD, but like the PAC10/12, it's historically a 3 dog race), and Mia, no one has seven wins, and most are really flawed teams (instead of only slightly flawed teams) fighting for divisions.

I think Oakland, NE, and winner of tonight are in, especially if KC wins. Denver, Miami, and the non division winners fight for the last spot

Edited by DMN
This got real rambling, my bad...

You mean the first guy in NFL history to ever be penalized for faking an injury to delay the game back in 2012 when he was a Steeler?

(I still laugh about that whenever I think about it. Busted for faking the funk.....)

Edited by GhostMachine

Sounds like the league could mercifully be pulling the plug on every week Thursday Night Football.  The package is under contract for one more season but from 2018 and beyond it's open game.

I have a feeling that they won't end up scrapping it completely.  More likely they'll revert to how it was for the first few years when you get regular Thursday games after Thanksgiving.  But that's still way better than having to watch the Jaguars and Titans playing in primetime.

I read a report that said the NFL refuting those earlier reports entirely >_>.

Here's my idea:

Instead of 16 TNF games (wks 1-16), I would have TNF run:

• Week 1 opener - keep it. It's a nice showcase for the return of the season
  • Weeks: 5, 7, 9, 11,12*, 13. Have teams playing those weeks be on their bye the week before (so, teams on bye in week 4 play each other in week 5 etc).

* Where 12 is Thanksgiving.

This way, you reduce the number of TNF games (meaning there should be less duds like Jags/Titans), and those that do play would be 'fresh' from their bye weeks, so the game quality shouldn't be as affected.

Oh, and colour rush would be removed, but throwback kits would be encouraged for the TNF games.

To counter the argument of lost revenue, I would have more MNF double headers (like we got Week 1 this year with Steelers / Redskins followed by Rams / 49ers).

Thoughts?

25 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I like colour rush <_< 

I don't mind it either way, but it seems quite unpopular in the main.