Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

1) you're not, he's using you to get himself a bit more money at city 2) shut up, If you want to sign big name players and you're getting them with little to no transfer fee then you'll have to pay that kind of money

Pogba is on less than 300k a week. De Gea 200k a week, Lukaku the same. In what universe is Sanchez is worth paying 400k a week based on that? I mean if we'd probably do it, but long term it's going to completely fuck over the wage structure at the club - when it was already the largest area of growth in terms of expenditure last year.

7 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Pogba is on less than 300k a week. De Gea 200k a week, Lukaku the same. In what universe is Sanchez is worth paying 400k a week based on that? I mean if we'd probably do it, but long term it's going to completely fuck over the wage structure at the club - when it was already the largest area of growth in terms of expenditure last year.

I'm sure we have this exact same conversation every year or two with different numbers, and the player in question gets bought anyway.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MDK said:

Yeah but those players are shite 

They're no Gavin Massey, sure.

1 minute ago, stokerino said:

I'm sure we have this exact same conversation every year or two with different numbers, and the player in question gets bought anyway.

Probably. Kinda hoping the bubble bursts.

53 minutes ago, MadJack said:

They're no Gavin Massey, sure.

Probably. Kinda hoping the bubble bursts.

People said that when players like Roy Keane started earning £50k a week, It'll continue to grow as long as the bigger clubs continue to be able to grow their revenue,

• Like 1