Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

14 hours ago, MadJack said:

And McCormick pled guilty, showed remorse, served his time and should be allowed back into society as an example of how our rehabilitative justice system works.

I agree fully with this, it's just Hughes comedy villain shtick that grates with me. It's one of those horrible things where fans really shouldn't be chanting about it (see also, the Adam Johnson chant. It's one of the reasons I've not been to a Newcastle away game for over a year. That and skint.), but don't play to them.

• Like 1

I've seen McCormick engaging in the same kind of thing unfortunately. I'm in agreement with MadJack in principle but when I see these people playing it up as a panto villain I view it dimly. That said, fans don't help as you say Colly.

• Like 1

Yet further changes forced upon Chelsea today as Courtois picked up a niggle of some kind, so Caballero retains his spot in goal from midweek. Morata and Pedro are of course suspended, while minor injuries also rule out Cahill, Fabregas and Drinkwater. Six potential first-teamers out...which means that players like Willian, Azpi and Bakayoko, who played 120 minutes on Wednesday, start again:

3-4-3: Caballero; Azpilicueta (c), Christensen, Rudiger; Moses, Kante, Bakayoko, Alonso; Willian, Batshuayi, Hazard.

Subs: Eduardo, Barkley, Musonda, Zappacosta, Luiz, Ampadu, Sterling

Winner off the bench from Ross Barkley? :shifty: 

23 hours ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

I've seen McCormick engaging in the same kind of thing unfortunately. I'm in agreement with MadJack in principle but when I see these people playing it up as a panto villain I view it dimly. That said, fans don't help as you say Colly.

Yeah, when someone 'plays up' that sort of thing, I lose all care about them. Serve your time and get back into a high paying job, no problem. Lap up and wind people up about it, no matter how much the fans are being twats, evil.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stokerino said:

A goal! A real goal! :D

0-1 Hazard

0-2 Willian! Bloody hell.

I'm listening on the bloody radio and my stream is behind. No fucking wonder people are watching a Qatari stream ffs.

Six Brighton players defending that goal, seven if you count the goalkeeper and none of them got close.

Now, I hate Chelsea but I don’t think it was a stone wall penalty. There was contact, but it’s an example of a player exaggerating it and then having it go against them. He didn’t go down naturally, and he went down a couple of steps after the initial contact. Not as blatant as the commentators are making out for me.