Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

If its short term, I think it's a good move because he's someone who could galvanise them enough to survive. However, he goes against everything Southampton have been about in a manager/head coach since the Swiss took over, so I'd be surprised.

This merry-go-round really, really needs to stop. Allardyce, Moyes and especially Pardew are clear proof of that this season.

I know I'm inherently biased but Pardew should never get a job in the top two divisions again. Every club he's managed since West Ham in 2003, he has lead to some of the worst runs of results in their history. Always the same story, it starts to go wrong and it just gets worse and worse, he blames everyone but himself and is then sacked, only to somehow bounce into a comparable or even better job.

• Like 3

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Colly said:

I'm still stunned he got this one. Surely his last chance at top flight? 

In other news Spurs have published their new season ticket prices and they're bad. 

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/season-ticket-pricing-at-spurs-thst-comment

I'm two fucking loyalty points off of Phase 1. Livid.

Just because it's always difficult to compare these things, are the season ticket prices quoted in that article for just the basic 19x home games, or are they inclusive of some number of mandatory cup games like some clubs do with their STs?

Aren't Tottenham going to be charging ridiculously high prices for the big massive single tier stand they want to make as their "wall of noise"?

I mean at Anfield the cheapest tickets are for the Kop, don't know what other clubs do but shouldn't Tottenham have thought let's get loads of people to make noise and make these tickets affordable?

Be a big stand full of the prawn sandwich brigade if not 

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

I'm two fucking loyalty points off of Phase 1. Livid.

Plastic fan.

11 minutes ago, MadJack said:

How does it compare with Arsenals, which I'm pretty sure are the most expensive in Europe?

Pretty sure it's lower than Arsenal's, but then I'm also pretty sure that the last time I saw Arsenal's ST prices they included all three CL group games or something.

33 minutes ago, stokerino said:

Pretty sure it's lower than Arsenal's, but then I'm also pretty sure that the last time I saw Arsenal's ST prices they included all three CL group games or something.

Haha, Champion’s League. Good one Stoker. 

But yes, common misconception is that Arsenal’s include I think around 6 or 7 cup games, so you’re paying for 26 games on average rather than 19 you would elsewhere.

Still fucking expensive though.