2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

• Admin

The Seattle Seahawks are expected to hire Brian Schottenheimer as their next offensive coordinator, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Schottenheimer, 44, has spent the past two seasons as the Indianapolis Colts' quarterbacks coach and has twice been an offensive coordinator in the NFL. He served that role for the Jets from 2006 to 2011 and for the Rams from 2012 to 2014. Schottenheimer was the offensive coordinator at Georgia in 2015.

The Giants already allowed it to leak that Patricia, McDaniels, and Shurmur were their top three choices and now it sounds like Patricia to the Lions, McDaniels to the Colts, and Shurmur to the Cardinals.

They can wait for the Eagles to make Schwartz available for interview, but you won't find many Giants fans ecstatic at bringing in a 29-51 coach.  Good coordinator, bad coach.

So now if the Giants go back to Steve Wilks, he'll be coming in with full knowledge that ownership didn't really want him.  Great start!

14 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Where does that leave McDaniels? Colts?

Also Giants, they were supposedly interested. 

So, I know people don’t exactly feel confident in the Bellicheck coaching tree, but this is the hire we needed. Why do I like Patricia? His defenses are good, he’s worked on the offensive side of the ball so he’s not a one dimensional guy, he’s very smart, and he’s been marinating as a dc for a few years. 

Plus, he made a mockery of Goodell. I wanted him immediately after I heard that. Since somebody will likely ask how, Patricia got off a plane wearing a Goodell shirt that had Goodell wearing a clown nose. 

The Patriots are expected to lose offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who is a finalist for both the Colts' and Giants' head-coaching jobs, per sources. In addition, Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores is expected to be a finalist for the Arizona Cardinals' head-coaching job, according to a league source.