2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

• Admin

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak has turned down a second interview for the Arizona Cardinals' head-coaching job, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Munchak has been Pittsburgh's offensive line coach since 2014 after a three-year stint as the Tennessee Titans' head coach. He was one of several candidates who interviewed for the vacancy in Arizona, along with New England Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores and Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo.

Arizona is seeking a replacement for Bruce Arians, who retired earlier this month after five seasons with the Cardinals.

Munchak, 57, went 22-26 as the Titans' coach. He was a nine-time Pro Bowler during his 12-year Hall of Fame playing career, spent entirely with the Titans/Oilers franchise.

It's always a little alarming when positional coaches don't even want to interview. I mean, coordinators can be picky as they're already in a position of power and if they're good, they'll continue to get job offers. But rarely you see a positional coach jump right to head coaching, even when they have previous head coaching experience. For a positional coach to say, "Thanks but no thanks" to a second interview, that really is a bit odd. 

52 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

If you're a Cardinals fan, it may be time to worry about who is coaching your team next year.  I mean, Herm Edwards is even off the damn table at this point...

I didn't want Munchak anyway to be honest. Would have liked Shurmur but understand him going to the Giants. I hope we promote Bettcher from DC now, but Brian Flores is still in the running I believe. We shall see. It's a great time to step in to this job in my opinion, you have the opportunity to shape the future how you like by drafting / signing the QB of your choice, with pieces like David Johnson, Patrick Peterson and Chandler Jones already in place as top level starters.

45 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Ok fine you guys I'll do it :rolleyes:

I'm up for this. #Srar4Cards

• Like 1

#ArizonaSrardinals

• Like 8

• Admin

538: The Patriots’ Super Bowl Path Is The Easiest In Modern NFL History

Jets coach Todd Bowles has fired offensive coordinator John Morton. Two potential replacements already have emerged: Jets quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates and former Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported. Randy Fichtner will replace Todd Haley as Steelers OC

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady sustained an injury to his right throwing hand in a minor collision in practice Wednesday, according to a source.

A source close to Brady said it is possible the injury could affect him slightly in Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, but Brady is moving forward with the belief that he should be OK overall.

A second source said Brady's hand "should be OK."

Brady was officially limited in practice, according to the team's participation report, and underwent tests with the team's medical staff afterward. He had been scheduled to hold a news conference at that time.