2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

But it should be pointed out that they have also had a first round bye for eight consecutive seasons, which is something that in theory should be impressive but really isn't considering how terrible the other AFC East teams usually are.  When you can safely count on at least a five game head start from your own division, a good team would be hard pressed not to get a bye.

So thanks to their cupcake schedule they get an extra week to rest guys, an extra week to scout the competition, and they usually host a team that only barely won its final playoff game.  It's not really a surprise that they rarely are threatened in the divisional game.

Not trying to shit on them too much since you can only play who's in front of you, but there is certainly an element of luck to their annual run to the AFC title game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I thought I saw he signed an extension? 

I am positive if there was an extension talked about, it was only for a year.  You can't go from being fired if you lose being given a big extension if you managed to squeak out a win, followed by a humiliating defeat.  Marcus is free, may his new coach utilize his talents properly!

Bill Belichick Nick Saban Matt Patricia Pat Schurmur will be named the next Giants HC. Seems like a solid QB wizard with what he's done with Keenum and getting 9 wins in 2 seasons as Browns HC with Colt McCoy and Brandon Weeden of all people. He also was OC for Sam Bradford/Nick Foles best years.

Edited by DYSI

• Admin

Ken Norton Jr. is now expected to return to Seahawks as DC - just one week after being named the new assistant head coach in San Francisco. Apparently he had an out in his contract that allows him to take the Seattle defensive coordinator job.

Cliff Avril says that he intends to play football again despite his neck injury

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I feel like Cleveland is actually a pretty good landing spot for him. It's a place where they can't be all "Haha you failed as a head coach", because he could just be like "Haha you've failed as a franchise."

I agree with all of this but it's still a massive lol all around.

This is the best

• Like 5