2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

WR is most certainly a need for them too so it's not like you can really go wrong with either pick.

Not sure about the 49ers pick. The defensive scheme tends to favor larger CBs but I'd be happy addressing that need with their 1st.

Edited by livid

Also I love that Tom Brady’s status for Sunday is “uncertain”. The only way he isn’t playing is if that hand was amputated. 

Just now, Maxx said:

Wasn't Nick Chubb supposed to be a huge deal?

Injuries seriously derailed him. He was the best back in the country his first two years but junior year was plagued with injury and the senior year had him splitting carries with Srar’s favorite guy, Sony Michel.

16 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

The only way the Falcons draft a WR is for trade bait or because Gabriel wants too much money to be a WR3.  If they don't draft towards the O-Line (alllllllll the guards, please), I will do absolutely nothing aside from wonder why they didn't draft towards the O-Line.

Damn that is a serious threat. Are you sure you can follow through with that?

• Haha 1

Pass rush would be my preferred go to in the 1st round this year, I think. I have seen a mock or two having us take a top end RB, but I think the pass rush needs to come first. 

11 hours ago, Steamed Hams said:

@Dan I like this gameplan.

It looks like the plan is, give the ball to number five and have the gut with the swastika yell and wave his arms.

The keys to victory for the Jags are pretty obvious.  The defense, specifically the interior pass rush, need to disrupt Brady and Fournette needs to carry the load offensively and soak up a lot of the clock to keep the Pats offense off the field as much as possible.  I pay no mind to the 45 points they scored against a defense playing like shit, if the Jags are going to win it's going to have to be a low-scoring game.  Despite the gameplan seemingly being obvious, it still feels like the stars would need to totally align for it all to work out.

I was flipping through the channels last night and came across the NFL Network, I can't remember who was on the panel but three of the four people on that particular panel picked the Jags to win.  I honestly couldn't believe it.  All of them cited their defense as being able to shut down the Pats, the same defense that just gave up 42 points.

I'm not trying to bury what the Jags have done this year, I'm really not.  They've been such a fun story.  Their fans have every right to be elated with this season and I don't even mind their defensive players talking loads of shit because they're playing with house money at this point.  I would jump for joy and happily eat all of the crow if they actually won this weekend.  But I just can't suspend my disbelief to think that they have a shot.  Like, at all.

That's probably the best mindset to have when watching a Patriots game. Even down all those points in the Super Bowl last year, I still knew that if anyone could pull that off it'd be Brady and the Pats.

This AFC Championship game is one of the most intriguing in some time I think, the Jags are such an exciting prospect. The good thing as well is, it isn't like this is their only shot. They're a fledgling team who are no doubt delighted to have got this far after so many years in the wilderness. Looking forward to it.

8 hours ago, DFF said:

Pass rush would be my preferred go to in the 1st round this year, I think. I have seen a mock or two having us take a top end RB, but I think the pass rush needs to come first. 

Definitely. If the RB is the absolute best talent at that spot then fine, but all things being equal, we need to improve our dreadful D-Line. 

Probably the best option is find a competent free agent, draft a guy, and let everybody compete. Riddick and Green are the only two backs I’m interested in bringing back. 

• Like 1

screenshot-69.png

Like I said, the Jags are gonna have loads of phantom calls against them on Sunday.

Fuck it, if the Vikes are gonna stop the Pats dynasty they need to break out the big guns.  Vince let Brock Lesnar go fight in the UFC while still under WWE contract.  Surely he'd let him go play in the Super Bowl too!

• Like 1