2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

I want Jacksonville to win today and definitely want them to win next week if they do....but I feel like Patriots/Jaguars is going to be one of those 45-0 Patriots games. 

I hope I am extremely wrong.

I know most of you hate the Steelers which is why I tend to keep my mouth shut until the end of the season :P

It's a shame to lose but injuries have just killed us in the latter part of the season, none of the big three B's are 100% and losing Shazier was a huge hole to fill. No excuse for giving up 45 points at home though to a defensive-minded team with a mediocre offense though.

Perhaps the biggest shame is that it seems a Patriots Super Bowl victory is almost a guarantee.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I want Jacksonville to win today and definitely want them to win next week if they do....but I feel like Patriots/Jaguars is going to be one of those 45-0 Patriots games. 

I hope I am extremely wrong.

This is pretty much what I'm thinking.

Happy for the Jags, and it's a great story.  But I can easily see things reverting back to the norm next week.

Now I've had chance to calm down...

What a game, we had a game plan for the Bills game of playing it safe because we knew the Bills just didn't have the offense to beat us. Worked well but wasn't very entertaining to watch. However that game was wild. 2 big plays on defense (both great plays by Jack & Ngakoue/Smith) really helped but the offense did the job it needed to do. Kept the run game going and Bortles made some clutch/throws and runs (the pass to Cole deep and the pass to Yeldon on the sideline). To make the AFCCG is beyond my expectations and I'm really not even thinking about the Pats game next week, it'll be tough but this is one hell of a team and I'm just going to enjoy this one.

Also I'm so fucking happy for Bortles right now, he's made the plays he needed to make and not turned the ball over in 2 playoff games after all the shit he's got from pretty much the entire NFL.