2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

5 hours ago, damshow said:

I got overly confident in our defense after we crushed the Ohio teams, and then it became apparent the Ohio teams absolutely suck.

Terrible run defense, inexcusably bad offense, at least our special teams and pass defense have been pretty good. Lot of analysts are making excuses for Flacco since everyone is hurt, but when he had more guys out there he still wasn't looking too hot. They won't do anything besides maybe make a coaching change at the end of the year, but it's very much time to start thinking about bringing in young QBs and seeing who can latch on. Fans here are basically done with Flacco, there have been legit excuses in the past but 10 years in he should be able to better read a defense by now. A lot of his early career problems were masked by a great running game, but he should be good enough now to make his receivers better as opposed to needing solid receivers and running backs to make him look good.

That is also an exact description of the Lions right now. The only difference is that opinion is divided on Stafford, but it's always been that way.

12 hours ago, damshow said:

I got overly confident in our defense after we crushed the Ohio teams, and then it became apparent the Ohio teams absolutely suck.

Terrible run defense, inexcusably bad offense, at least our special teams and pass defense have been pretty good. Lot of analysts are making excuses for Flacco since everyone is hurt, but when he had more guys out there he still wasn't looking too hot. They won't do anything besides maybe make a coaching change at the end of the year, but it's very much time to start thinking about bringing in young QBs and seeing who can latch on. Fans here are basically done with Flacco, there have been legit excuses in the past but 10 years in he should be able to better read a defense by now. A lot of his early career problems were masked by a great running game, but he should be good enough now to make his receivers better as opposed to needing solid receivers and running backs to make him look good.

You and me both man, That Jacksonville game was a brutal wake up call.

It's becoming more and more hard to excuse, Elite QB's can make lemonade out of shit and despite the crippling injury list... Joe just isn't good this year. (That's hard to type, But accurate)

3-4 isn't a death sentence but... I don't see us pulling out of this tailspin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slogger said:

You and me both man, That Jacksonville game was a brutal wake up call.

It's becoming more and more hard to excuse, Elite QB's can make lemonade out of shit and despite the crippling injury list... Joe just isn't good this year. (That's hard to type, But accurate)

3-4 isn't a death sentence but... I don't see us pulling out of this tailspin. 

Well the Green Bay game is suddenly winnable, and we'll be well rested for Tennessee. So depending how tomorrow goes being a 6-4 team is a real possibility. But it's tough to see them winning all 3 of those games since they're not a very good team, they're stuck in that 50/50 rut of so many teams where almost every game isn't a toss-up. As long as they find a way to be 7-5 when the last set of divisional games hit they have an outside shot at the wild card.

Just now, damshow said:

Well the Green Bay game is suddenly winnable, and we'll be well rested for Tennessee. So depending how tomorrow goes being a 6-4 team is a real possibility. But it's tough to see them winning all 3 of those games since they're not a very good team, they're stuck in that 50/50 rut of so many teams where almost every game isn't a toss-up. As long as they find a way to be 7-5 when the last set of divisional games hit they have an outside shot at the wild card.

Well when you put it like that...

What we actually need, Is a guy like Jacoby Jones. I didn't realize until going back and going through our Superbowl run how often he'd pop up with a huge play to bail us out.

It's not gonna be Perriman...Fuck that utter potato.

1 minute ago, Slogger said:

Well when you put it like that...

What we actually need, Is a guy like Jacoby Jones. I didn't realize until going back and going through our Superbowl run how often he'd pop up with a huge play to bail us out.

It's not gonna be Perriman...Fuck that utter potato.

Yeah Perriman is supposed to fill that role. Wallace as the Torrey Smith guy who runs deep but also commands some attention over the middle.

Ravens also desperately need a RB who can catch on the checkdown, hopefully Woodhead comes back healthy.

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Oh god...and I don't even get the morbid curiosity of seeing how Cutler is doing? For sure pass

Pretty sure he’s out this week

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

No, no. This is the football equivalent of watching the Mets vs. Phillies. 

tenor.gif