2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

1 minute ago, Liam said:

But that's what the joke is -- the process of reception. He had it in his hands and landed. I don't know what is complete control outside of...having the ball in your hands. Considering the Lions player didn't even engage with the ball until Thomas had already landed...

It all comes down to semantics which is why you get baffling calls.

Basically, he was sort of bobbling the ball as he hit the ground. That's all it takes. 

If The Jets lose this game...I'm just going to choose to remember it as one of the countless times Tom Brady marched down the field and beat us in the end.  That will be the only way  I could cope with it.

Maybe THE DUMBEST call I've ever seen.

See? This stuff is so predictable. Winless team with tons of injuries that can't seem to get out of their own way goes to a team with a top defense, in a stadium that they very rarely ever lose in, in prime time. Of course the Giants will win. :lol: God damn, college football is so much better than this.

Kaepernick has filed a grievance with the league over being unemployed, due to collusion by the owners.

I thought it was very fishy when the Titans didn't give him a look, and instead signed the most immobile free agent QB available.

With Rodgers possibly being out for the year, if the Packers don't at least consider Kaepernick, then the collusion accusation issue is probably true.

Edited by GhostMachine

7 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Kaepernick has filed a grievance with the league over being unemployed, due to collusion by the owners.

I thought it was very fishy when the Titans didn't give him a look, and instead signed the most immobile free agent QB available.

With Rodgers possibly being out for the year, if the Packers don't at least consider Kaepernick, then the collusion accusation issue is probably true.

Apparently this could lead to the CBA being dissolved. If this happens, would the players be locked out from playing until a new CBA is agreed on?

It's probably not going to work out in his favor.  Ravens were going to sign him until his girlfriend started insulting the owner.  It's alleged that the Seahawks offered him vet minimum and he turned them down.

Oh, I expect this to fully end his NFL career. Might as well see if any Arena or CFL teams need a QB.

The Ravens situation instantly came to mind when I heard about the grievance, but I didn't know about the Seahawks offer. If it's true about the Seahawks, then I have no sympathy for him at all, and no team is going to offer him more than the vet minimum unless they're really desperate or seeking a permanent starter. I already have none over what happened with the Ravens, because he chose to be with a dumbass.

But the Packers should still give him a look. If they're allowed to.