2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

I'll have to find the link to it later, but I read somewhere that back in the 70s, the Supreme court ruled that a person can not be forced to be patriotic. If that is true, the NFL can not force the players to stand for the anthem.

7 hours ago, Buschy Heenan said:

I would love to see every player in the league take a knee now.  Or at least every black player because other than Adam Gotsis of the Broncos not one white player decided it was the appropriate thing to do, which is pretty damning in its own right.

Just imagine the hilarity of someone calling him unpatriotic. :lol:

I saw an article speculating this could lead to a Hogan vs Savage showdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2017 at 16:18, Buschy Heenan said:

I would love to see every player in the league take a knee now.  Or at least every black player because other than Adam Gotsis of the Broncos not one white player decided it was the appropriate thing to do, which is pretty damning in its own right.

Might want to check your facts Bush.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/9/24/16358482/travis-kelce-kneel-national-anthem-nfl

I didn't really think of the Eagles as Super Bowl Contender...thought they were a potential playoff team, but last night showed an extra something.  Without Cowboys having Ezekiel for a few weeks they have an opportunity to distance themselves and get as much NFC homefield advantage as they can in the playoffs.

14 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

I stand corrected and I'm glad there were others doing it.  Still want to see more support though especially in wake of the NFL trying to make the whole issue go away.

• Like 1