2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

That was an extremely expensive political stunt. Wrong thread for it I know but he had every intention to leave that game as soon as a player kneeled for the anthem.

That's it for the kneeling, league will bend over backwards since the VP was there and it happened anyway. He was there for that reason and that alone.

• Sad 1

I'm just glad the 49ers have managed to stay in most of their games. The future is going to be good, but I would still be shocked if they won a game this season.

I doubt the league will do anything just because the VP was there. If they tried to, the outrage from the players would be enormous. 

2 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I'm just glad the 49ers have managed to stay in most of their games. The future is going to be good, but I would still be shocked if they won a game this season.

I doubt the league will do anything just because the VP was there. If they tried to, the outrage from the players would be enormous. 

They won't explicitly say "no kneeling" but I expect owners to find ways to keep their teams from protesting, implementing in-house rules and such, with the watchful eyes of the league office to make sure it happens.

On 10/7/2017 at 21:26, DMN said:

The Pats problems are in the back half of the defense. Fortunately, their main competitors in the AFC, KC and Denver, aren't great passing teams.

If they run into a healthy Pittsburgh or Oakland in the playoffs, though, might be a different story.

Oakland isn't making the playoffs, though. We're trash without Care, and 2-6 weeks without him is going to put them too far back to climb out.

Edit: Alex Smith is having a really great year, so there is that. Still not their bread and butter. Besides, every time the Chiefs are the last undefeated team they fail to win a playoff game because KC is Marty Schottenheimer in team form.

Pittsburgh? (H)

Game break during the Packers/Cowboys game said that Beckham needs surgery and is most likely done for the season.

8 minutes ago, damshow said:

They won't explicitly say "no kneeling" but I expect owners to find ways to keep their teams from protesting, implementing in-house rules and such, with the watchful eyes of the league office to make sure it happens.

I still see that rubbing some players the wrong way and them still doing it.

• Like 1

Cowboys coaching staff needs to be canned.  That’s two weeks in a row where we blew a big lead after the half.  Good teams win those games, easily.  Marenelli’s defense is trash, Linehan’s offense is one trick and simple and Jason Garrett is staggeringly average, at best.  And the three of them clearly spend halftime making no adjustments at all.

• Like 1

Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens ask Giants for a WR job following Odell Beckham's ankle injury

Not gonna lie, if the Giants signed both TO and Chad Johnson, I'd watch every game

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Buschy Heenan said:

As much as I'd love to see the Pats fall flat, I feel like we need a Brady/Rodgers SB this year before it's too late.

I could go three lifetimes without the two weeks of sports network masturbation that'd produce.

So logically it's gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Cowboys coaching staff needs to be canned.  That’s two weeks in a row where we blew a big lead after the half.  Good teams win those games, easily.  Marenelli’s defense is trash, Linehan’s offense is one trick and simple and Jason Garrett is staggeringly average, at best.  And the three of them clearly spend halftime making no adjustments at all.

I've wanted them to make some changes for the last couple of years. However, barring the team having a couple back to back really bad seasons without injuries to use as an excuse or him deciding it's the time to quit, Garrett isn't going anywhere. Garrett should already be long gone.

Saw a clip of OBJ's injury. Ouch. I hate to see anyone get hurt, but that made me cringe.

1 hour ago, Chuck Tingle said:

I could go three lifetimes without the two weeks of sports network masturbation that'd produce.

So logically it's gonna happen.

And if it does, I won't be watching. Fuck both those teams. The first time those two teams ever met up in the title game was the ONLY time I was ever for the Patriots (in an NFL game, period), but I'm sick to death of both. And I quit watching FIRST TAKE because Stephen A. loves to verbally suck Rodgers' dick whenever he's mentioned. (The show is miles better with Skip gone, but I can only take so much of Stephen A.)

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

I don't know how people can still stand to watch those shows. Over opinionated, over paid, and not very good at their jobs. I think it goes across most shows that cover sports. Haven't watched one in years.

And I would love to see a Rodgers/Brady Super Bowl. Two of the best QBs ever going at it for the championship? Hell yea!