2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

2 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Color Rush Uniforms are still ugly as sin and I don't care about either one of these teams but more Romo so I'm in! :D 

Most of the Color Rush uniforms are ugly or horrendous (Jags, Rams, and Redskins are all a special breed of awful). And I don't like that some of the uniforms are white. 

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

He missed another one! Dude is getting cut tomorrow 

Yup, but I expect Connor’s Curse to continue.

55 minutes ago, damshow said:

So the Patriots legitimately could (and maybe should) be 1-4 right now. They are not the juggernaut we thought they'd be.

And yet, I still think they'll right the ship and be firing on all cylinders by the end of the year and into January after everyone had written them off.

Just now, Buschy Heenan said:

And yet, I still think they'll right the ship and be firing on all cylinders by the end of the year and into January after everyone had written them off.

Patriots always really improve later in the season because they adapt to injuries and wear-and-tear better than any other team. Barring an injury to Brady and *maybe* Gronk they always have or find the guys to slot in and play just as effectively.

I'm somewhat expecting the Pats to trade for another receiving weapon.  The defense (which to be fair did play better last night even though they still should've lost) has too many holes to fix via in-season roster moves.  Instead they'll just give Brady another target and try to win a game entirely on the backs of the offense.

The Pats problems are in the back half of the defense. Fortunately, their main competitors in the AFC, KC and Denver, aren't great passing teams.

If they run into a healthy Pittsburgh or Oakland in the playoffs, though, might be a different story.

Oakland isn't making the playoffs, though. We're trash without Care, and 2-6 weeks without him is going to put them too far back to climb out.

Edit: Alex Smith is having a really great year, so there is that. Still not their bread and butter. Besides, every time the Chiefs are the last undefeated team they fail to win a playoff game because KC is Marty Schottenheimer in team form.

Edited by DMN
Alex Smith is on 🔥