2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

The whole thing is getting MLK'd now where it's about "friendship" and "unity" when the entire reason Kaepernick sat was to protest police brutality, and then he kneeled out of respect for veterans. But all these people jumping now are just trying to get along and resist Trump. He made the whole thing about himself, it's pretty upsetting. Much like MLK people won't pay attention to the meaning and just go "hey let's get along" and we'll wind up right back where we started.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, damshow said:

The whole thing is getting MLK'd now where it's about "friendship" and "unity" when the entire reason Kaepernick sat was to protest police brutality, and then he kneeled out of respect for veterans. But all these people jumping now are just trying to get along and resist Trump. He made the whole thing about himself, it's pretty upsetting. Much like MLK people won't pay attention to the meaning and just go "hey let's get along" and we'll wind up right back where we started.

Kaepernick also lost a lot of support when he was photographed wearing those pig police socks.

I think the problem is that the police police themselves, and there are a lot of bad cops still out there due to the way the system is.

But you're right. I think the meaning has already been lost, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Buschy Heenan said:

Over 52,000 have signed a petition to have Ray Lewis' statue removed

Extra security has been placed at the statue as "former Ravens fans" online have threatened they will take it down by force if they need to.

What a world.

Murder? Sure, why not.

Peaceful protest? FUCK THAT TRAITOROUS MOTHERFUCKER. 

Edited by Twist
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Buschy Heenan said:

Over 52,000 have signed a petition to have Ray Lewis' statue removed

Extra security has been placed at the statue as "former Ravens fans" online have threatened they will take it down by force if they need to.

What a world.

Petition was just a bit whiny.

I think Green Bay wins in a romp tonight. 

Looking forward to another interesting slate of games this weekend.  There is no team that is heads and shoulders above the pack (maybe Atlanta) as of right now...so it's making for an interesting start to the season as so many teams have realistic playoff chances.

Over at the board I've mentioned before where we do weekly picks for bragging rights (there are eight of us participating), there's no one picking the Bears. Or the Ravens. (*edited to add, since I just checked*) or the Redskins. 

I agree about this week's games. I usually have a game or two where I say it could go either way (which means nothing as far as picking goes; its just an observation), but I have none like that this week, and there are no clear cut breakaway teams (except, as you said, maybe the Falcons). I think the NFC North will be interesting to watch, because I think at this point any team in it could win that division...except the Bears.

I also want to ask: Anyone going to Saints vs. Dolphins at Wembley? And if so, which team will you be for? 

Edited by GhostMachine

2 minutes ago, Buschy Heenan said:

Not one player was sitting for the anthem.  And yet Twitter still is raging because they were linking arms.  Apparently anything other than right hand over your heart is still a disgrace to the country and the troops.

Nationalism is a hell of a drug.

Which is funny, cause if anybody paid attention before hand, most players just put their hands behind their backs.

9 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Fuck that was really bad. He could have broke Adams neck. Uncalled for dirty hit by us :( 

Brutal hit. Suspension or a heavy fine coming. And he should have been kicked out of the game.

• Like 1