2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

41 minutes ago, Buschy Heenan said:

The Mets season ended April 30th and the Giants season ended in Week 3.  I've been through years where both teams sucked but never a year where both teams had reason to believe they could contend only to have those hopes dashed in record time.

People ask me all the time why I get so stressed out over sports, and they can't wrap their heads around the fact that watching sports is my biggest passion and #1 hobby, and have suggested that I find a new one.

They're right.  I struggle with anxiety and depression and no matter how much I know logically that sports should never be anything more than a fun diversion from the world, it's pretty much impossible for me to not feel like the world is ending in the moment.  Especially since I really don't have many other passions in life.

The good thing is I don't have to be stressed out when I watch the rest of this year, or until next April really.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to find another hobby to focus my mind on so I can stop taking sports so damn seriously.

Sorry to get all schmaltzy here.  Love you all.  :wub:

Yea, but you can take some solace in seeing a couple Super Bowls!  At least you're not a Mets-Jets fan.  I have several friends (almost 30 years old) who love the Mets, Jets, Knicks and Rangers...and with exception to the Rangers winning when they were like 5 or 6 years old...they haven't seen any championships.  It's sad.

1 hour ago, Buschy Heenan said:

The Mets season ended April 30th and the Giants season ended in Week 3.  I've been through years where both teams sucked but never a year where both teams had reason to believe they could contend only to have those hopes dashed in record time.

People ask me all the time why I get so stressed out over sports, and they can't wrap their heads around the fact that watching sports is my biggest passion and #1 hobby, and have suggested that I find a new one.

They're right.  I struggle with anxiety and depression and no matter how much I know logically that sports should never be anything more than a fun diversion from the world, it's pretty much impossible for me to not feel like the world is ending in the moment.  Especially since I really don't have many other passions in life.

The good thing is I don't have to be stressed out when I watch the rest of this year, or until next April really.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to find another hobby to focus my mind on so I can stop taking sports so damn seriously.

Sorry to get all schmaltzy here.  Love you all.  :wub:

I feel exactly the same when it comes to sports, indeed your comment on it in relation to anxiety and depression is spot on for something I've said and thought many times.

Ah hell. This lost sucked. I know everything was properly interpreted at the end of the Lions game but it still stings. This felt to me, like a chance at winning a game and showing the NFL we're serious. Instead it ends in Lions esque fashion. 

On the other hand, 2-1 with a down to the wire loss to Atlanta isn't a horrible way to start. We picked Ryan off three times, keep that shit up all year and we will win some games.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

The NFC North is going to be one of the most fun divisions to watch, because it could legit be Minnesota, Green Bay, or Detroit winning it. It'll be a battle that'll come down to the last weeks of the season, that's fo' sho'. 

Carr just lollipopped an interception. :lol: 

He...what?

The game sucked but I was glad to see Ravens players kneeling and protesting. I am excited to see which 8 people will never watch the team again and the rest of the motherfuckers who are bluffing about their "boycott".

Anyway players didn't have to stand for the anthem until 2009 as part of government-sanctioned propaganda more or less. So glad those chickens came home to roost this weekend.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, damshow said:

I am excited to see which 8 people will never watch the team again and the rest of the motherfuckers who are bluffing about their "boycott".

It's already started.  I've gone to the Twitter accounts of so many people who yesterday said they'd never watch their team again if a player took a knee and now today it's "If they let them kneel again next week I'm done forever!"

Lions twitter account pointed out that, last season, we hustled 27 yards to snap a ball within 7 seconds of a play ending (vs vikings). I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. 

Glad you were able to see a game where the Jags completely dominated!

• Like 1

• Admin

Joe Flacco now holds the record for the lowest QBR ever at 0.5. Just 2 weeks after Andy Dalton set the record at 0.7

With the win over the Bengals, Aaron Rodgers joins Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Kerry Collins, and Ben Roethlisberger as the only quarterbacks to beat 31 teams (Favre and Manning are the only quarterbacks to beat 32).

• Like 1