2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

10 hours ago, Meacon said:

The NFC North is going to be one of the most fun divisions to watch, because it could legit be Minnesota, Green Bay, or Detroit winning it. It'll be a battle that'll come down to the last weeks of the season, that's fo' sho'. 

Who are you to doubt Mike Glennon?

• Like 1

Local Cowboys pregame host Dale Hansen did an opinion piece on the anthem protests, supporting them.  He also burned the shit out of Trump by saying “I served in the military during the Vietnam War, and my foot hurt too” 

• Like 3

The entire Cowboys organization from Jerry Jones on down took a collective knee before the anthem.  Everyone then stood up for the anthem itself with interlocked arms.

And yet Twitter is still erupting with Cowboys fans renouncing their fandom because the team "disrespected the country". :lol:

Triggered as fuck.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Buschy Heenan said:

The entire Cowboys organization from Jerry Jones on down took a collective knee before the anthem.  Everyone then stood up for the anthem itself with interlocked arms.

And yet Twitter is still erupting with Cowboys fans renouncing their fandom because the team "disrespected the country". :lol:

Triggered as fuck.

It's almost like their anger was never about the flag nor the anthem.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Local Cowboys pregame host Dale Hansen did an opinion piece on the anthem protests, supporting them.  He also burned the shit out of Trump by saying “I served in the military during the Vietnam War, and my foot hurt too” 

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/hansen-unplugged-anthem-protests-not-about-disrespecting-the-flag/287-478596561

• Like 3

Of course none of the people threatening to quit being fans have bothered to unfollow the team FB or Twitter pages.  The Giants official FB page is pretty much unreadable at the moment.  Every post is immediately hammered with threatening comments about how they're never gonna watch again, and because of FB's algorithm being the way it is the stuff that gets upvoted/commented the most goes straight to the top.  So it's pretty much impossible to read any comments that are actually about the game or the team.  I'd guess it's the same story for most team pages and it'll probably be that way for a while.

It's almost like they don't actually want to quit at all but are only making a stink about it because Dear Orange Leader told them to.  Shocker.  :o

53 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Haven't watched yet, but is that the same guy who had his segment on gay marriage go viral a few years ago?

4 hours ago, Buschy Heenan said:

Dag.  So the Giants are now 2 games behind Washington and, ostensibly, 3 behind the Cowboys and Eagles due to tiebreakers.

Suddenly that whole "only 3 teams out of 158 since 1990 have made the playoffs at 0-3" stat makes a lot more sense.  You can get fall behind damn quickly in this league.

Yeah, when you scale this up its the equivalent of losing the first 15 games in an NBA season or the first 30 in the MLB. You wouldn't be putting money on teams with those records to make the playoffs either but at least they have an extended season to at least have a fighting chance. A rough patch to start the season in the NFL is a death sentence for playoff hopes.

5 hours ago, Buschy Heenan said:

Of course none of the people threatening to quit being fans have bothered to unfollow the team FB or Twitter pages.  The Giants official FB page is pretty much unreadable at the moment.  Every post is immediately hammered with threatening comments about how they're never gonna watch again, and because of FB's algorithm being the way it is the stuff that gets upvoted/commented the most goes straight to the top.  So it's pretty much impossible to read any comments that are actually about the game or the team.  I'd guess it's the same story for most team pages and it'll probably be that way for a while.

It's almost like they don't actually want to quit at all but are only making a stink about it because Dear Orange Leader told them to.  Shocker.  :o

The Ravens page is the same... Which is a great distraction from getting blown out by the Jags in London. Oh I made myself sad again. :lol::crying:

38 minutes ago, Lineker said:

He looks uncomfortable as fuck :lol: 

Those pants are probably tight as fuck.