2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

23 hours ago, Busch E said:

He already tried.  He went to the Browns after being the defensive coordinator for the Giants and he went 36-44 with a playoff appearance before getting fired.

What Meacon said.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Word is that Mularky is out if the Titans lose in Kansas City and will make a run at Josh McDaniels.

honestly he should be out either way. it's p clear by this point that his and robiskie's scheming is a detriment to the offence. i'm cautious on mcdaniels but at least he knows how to run an offence in this current dang decade.

On 1/5/2018 at 12:28, Meacon said:

He went 11-5 with them in '94 and then the next year, halfway through the season they announced they were moving to Baltimore, which kind of doomed them (they were only 4-5 at the time) from a fan support perspective. He was going to be gone with the move anyway, but still. 11-5.

That 11-5 season was his last season with Nick Saban as defensive coordinator. They had the top ranked scoring defensive in the league that season, the following season the 20th ranked scoring defense. It's noted Belichick did a lot to figure out how to improve as a coach after the Cleveland stint, and Modell kind of threw him under the bus from a PR perspective after announcing he was moving the team.

A fun factoid is Belichick was really high on Ray Lewis before he got fired from Cleveland, or so the story goes. Belichick was hoping to get him in NE when he joined Parcells there. So the Ravens basically used his intel to draft him before the Patriots could get him in the '96 draft. The pick they had in the 2nd round wound up being Lawyer Milloy who worked out pretty well for them. But I think we're all grateful things didn't work out that Tom Brady and Ray Lewis spent the bulk of their careers as teammates.

Also! Playoff predictions!

AFC Wild Card Round - Chiefs & Jags

AFC Divisional Round - Pats & Steelers

AFC Champion - Steelers

NFC Wild Card Round - Panthers & Rams

NFC Divisional Round - Panthers & Vikings

NFC Champion - Panthers

Super Bowl Champion - Steelers

I'm still sticking with my early season prediction that the Patriots are winning it all. They're not quite running the table like I thought they might, but I still think they'll take it all. But, I would like to see them lose in the divisional round, just to see what Belichick and Brady do.

In the NFC, I really hope the Vikings make a deep run. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Thought I would try and get more into football this season. That was not the case. But watching the playoffs. My brother is a big Titans fan so rooting for them. 

Your brother could well be about to be very happy!

49 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Chiefs knew what they were getting when they hired him. Fancy worthless division titles. A pile of deuce in the playoffs.

Yeah...pretty brutal. I’m reminded of that horrific choke job against the Colts a few years ago. Good lord.