Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Win the Airtricity League Premier Division

Get a 156 million transfer budget!

Sign 39 year old Miroslav Klose for free. He gets injured. 

Entering season 3 of this game and the league of Ireland contains:

Cork City:

• Damien Delany
  • Connor Sammon
  • Hal Robson Kanu
  • Anthony Forde
  • Kevin Doyle

Dundalk

• Darren O'Dea
  • Anotonio Cassano
  • Paul Green
  • Kevin Foley

Galway

• Leon Best
  • Jay Tabb
  • Callum O'Dowda
  • Stephen Ireland
  • Kevin Toner

Limerick

• Rais M'Bohli
  • Rob Holding
  • Angel Rangel
  • Wayne Routledge
  • Kalvan Phillips
  • Reese Grego-Cox

Shamrock Rovers

• Marko Marin
  • James Collins
  • Rene Gilmartin
  • Marco Borriello
  • Enda Stevens

Waterford

• Kane Ferdinand
  • Jesus Navas

This is excluding my Parkvilla team which now has Fernando Torres and Miroslav Klose

41 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Can you bring better in with the money they're offering up front? I'd reject it if not.

Not better but possibly more reliable. Edit: I'm France manager as well so having him is good for them I suppose also.

39 minutes ago, Stardust Gazzenius said:

No facepacks? Blech.

Facepacks take 350 years to download.

Similar to Jack's post

3QNNyMM.png?1

Chelsea have offered me £80m for this guy. I just asked for a non-negotiable £80m and they agreed and I had that classic thing of "Er, I didn't expect that so now I don't know whether to accept it or if I could have gotten more?"

Don't even know who I'd replace him with, searching for similar players brings up people like fucking Neymar, Griezmann, Asensio, Dybala, Bernardo Silva, Coutinho and then Hakim Zayech, Pablo Sarabia, and whoever Phil Foden is. Don't really want to try for Zayech or Sarabia since they're 28 and 29, and the only one who seems potentially doable of the first bunch I'd think would be Asensio and even he's valued at £77m so probably not so much.

It's weird, cause he's not always a guarantee starter, he does play most games (38 starts in all competitions, 9 off the bench, and pretty similar the season before) but against smaller times I try to rotate to get some other players some games from the start, but if I sold him the player I'd replace him with would be a guaranteed start.

Rejected it in the end anyway, tentatively bid £100m for Asensio, rejected, not going higher than that and wasn't even that inclined to pay that either so fuck it, £80m is no good to me if I can't buy anyone better with it. 

Does anyone know what the lowest ranked playable team in the game is at the offset? I want to do another journey man game like last year, but start as low as I can go.

5 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I think he still plays regularly enough that moaning about not playing isn't really likely. He plays most games still, it's really against teams like SPAL and Brescia and that where I'm like "maybe this other guy who barely plays can start today.."

Oh so he is a guaranteed starter basically. He's just being rested. Then yeah, I'd probably keep him. At that tender age he's only likely to get better and as an investment he'll pay off longer in the long run.

Incidentally, why are the Swiss leagues so weird when they're not loaded?

I've noticed players from Sion for example, just don't seem to have any league history being recorded so any players from there look like they've just played no games at all for years? I signed my left back from them and he just has no games registered with them at all. Weird.