Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Maybe it’s because I’m still not totally sure on the transfer systems or it’s because 99% of the time I’m playing as a lower level team, but if a great bid comes in for one of my guys, I tend to take the money and figure out a replacement after the fact. In fact I think I barely stayed in the black one year because of a transfer or two.

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Either would work. I just want to force myself to learn more of the mechanics.

Indonesia or Singapore I would guess.

• Thanks 1

So I think i might try more than one save actually, see what sticks. Is the British Steel Challenge still the below or am I missing something?

England
Fa Trophy, Vanarama National North/South, Vanarama National, EFL Trophy,Sky Bet League Two, Sky Bet League One,Sky Bet Championship, League Cup, Community Shield, FA Cup, Premiership

Scotland
Challenge Cup, League Two, League One, Championship, League Cup, Scottish Cup, Premiership

Ireland
Munster Senior Cup, Division 1, League Cup, Senior Challenge Cup, Premiership, Presidents Cup

Northern Ireland
Mid-Ulster Cup, Steel & Son's Cup, Intermediate Cup, County Antrim Shield, Premier Intermediate League, Championship 1, League Cup, Irish Cup, Premiership

Wales
League Cup, FAW Cup, Premiership

8 hours ago, Benji said:

So I think i might try more than one save actually, see what sticks. Is the British Steel Challenge still the below or am I missing something?

England
Fa Trophy, Vanarama National North/South, Vanarama National, EFL Trophy,Sky Bet League Two, Sky Bet League One,Sky Bet Championship, League Cup, Community Shield, FA Cup, Premiership

Scotland
Challenge Cup, League Two, League One, Championship, League Cup, Scottish Cup, Premiership

Ireland
Munster Senior Cup, Division 1, League Cup, Senior Challenge Cup, Premiership, Presidents Cup

Northern Ireland
Mid-Ulster Cup, Steel & Son's Cup, Intermediate Cup, County Antrim Shield, Premier Intermediate League, Championship 1, League Cup, Irish Cup, Premiership

Wales
League Cup, FAW Cup, Premiership

Maybe you could add Gibraltar 

On 05/01/2018 at 09:53, Benji said:

Not even that good, not gone well in Wales :(

Welsh league is horrible which is why I left after one season. Only positive was I took Llandudno to a cup final which I won and got into the Europa League 1st qualifier only to get my ass handed to me <_<

I need to get back into FM. I had started a game with Coventry and things were going well and then there was an update which completely killed my tactic off, teams morale went to bits and I was on an 8 game winless run so fell from 1st to 4th and miles behind the team in top...So consequently had a cob on with the game. 

Are there any mods for '18 that make lower tier leagues playable?

I'd love to guide Weston FC (Maybe rebranding them to be the third generation Ft Lauderdale Strikers, unrealistic as that may be...) to ML-

Wait, US doesn't have promotion/relegation.... FUCK.

Still, are there?

Edited by OctoberRavenO

6 minutes ago, MadJack said:

I haven't looked, but there might be something in the megapack: https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm18-leagues-megapack-by-claassen.html

Time to find out if FMScout counts the USL PDL as USL! Thanks

So found a mod that turns the US leagues into a proper tiered system, and playing as Miami FC (not to be confused with the Miami Beckhams).

First friendly vs the Rowdies. FLORIDA GODDAMN DERBY (okay so it's the Miami/Tampa version but still).

Starts with an own goal, continues with an utter rout. 3-1 Miami, and making a mental note to try to poach former Striker Darnell King. But not former Striker Walter Restrepo cause he's rubbish.