Football Manager 2018

Lineker

11 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Is there anything I can do to help my head of player development get his Continental A License? I took this job a year ago and homie was trying and struggling way back then and still having issues.

Yes, fire him and put someone better in the role who has a Continental A License or can achieve one :shifty:

• Like 1

I didn’t want to seem like a prick but I nearly did that. One of my other assistants got it within the first month. This fool has taken a whole year and he’s suppose to be the head of player development. :unsure:

Excuse me, head of youth development. I fired him. He had held that position since 1992. :/

4 hours ago, Twist said:

So is Premiership football.

In the champioship, getting beat every week, nothing's really changed this season, just as entertaining as last year just less people. 

It's called the Premier League now btw, think it was called Premiership last time Newcastle won a derby game though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Just Joe said:

In the champioship, getting beat every week, nothing's really changed this season, just as entertaining as last year just less people. 

It's called the Premier League now btw, think it was called Premiership last time Newcastle won a derby game though. 

Those derby game points sure did come in handy for you last year. :)

On 06/12/2017 at 16:14, Meacon said:

I didn’t want to seem like a prick but I nearly did that. One of my other assistants got it within the first month. This fool has taken a whole year and he’s suppose to be the head of player development. :unsure:

Excuse me, head of youth development. I fired him. He had held that position since 1992. :/

I had one in a FM 2015 save going for about 2 years. Only reason I didn't can him was that he was already one of the best in the world so it wasn't worth it.

sqKGHWu.png

Suck a butt, Blackburn!

We're L2 and they're in the Championship. Their manager laughed at the thought of us beating them and nobody (including me) thought we really stood a chance. We're through to the third round, where we just drew Arsenal at Emirates Stadium. So the run was fun while it lasted. :lol:

This is the first game I've played where I haven't used OP formations or just goofed around. When I took this squad over they were floating between 16th-18th in L2. We ended up finishing 12th after flirting with 7 and 8th until our run of six games without scoring. Now we're five matches into the new season with 4 wins and a 1 draw, sitting in second place. 

The only downside is the transfer window closes in a week and Joe Skarz is threatening to have a super hissy fit if I don't sell him, despite the fact that not one club has made an offer for him...

Germany somehow didn't qualify for the 2020 Euros, finishing 3rd in their group behind Ireland and Sweden. They then went into the Nations league playoffs and lost the final on penalties to Turkey.

Germany losing on penalties. Literally unplayable.

On 12/7/2017 at 17:32, GaChristmaszz said:

spurs.png

The entertainers!

Jomelu Lukakau and Jatrick Kluivert on the bench there.

city.png

The entertainers part two!

I do sometimes wish though that 'tighten up' and dropping the mentality actually lead to your full backs not bombing on for once.

19 hours ago, Santa with Benjles said:

Only reason I didn't can him was that he was already one of the best in the world so it wasn't worth it.

He's already the best in the world with the qualifications and I'm imagining you sending him off to Cambridge to get a PhD Physics or something.