Football Manager 2018

Lineker

I got sacked at the start of December as Liverpool.

I was 11th, but only 3 points behind 4th. :(

I wonder if the game understands the points difference when it comes to the board making those decisions.

They told me I had to win the next game, which was away at Bayern in the last group game of the CL. I had already qualified top of the group, I drew 1-1. Then they sack me.

Cunts.

Edited by Liam Mk2

• Admin

Got to November on my Spurs save. Domestically I'm walking it, CL is trickier - despite having a group of us, Porto, Shakhtar and Hoffenheim, I keep managing to get FMed in those games. Absolute domination only to concede to their only shot on target! 

I hope I scrape second or finish rock bottom - fuck the Europa League.

I've realised that the best strategy for this game is 'Buy the Ajax squad' and then 'Buy the Sporting Youth team' for the next generation.

• Like 1

Won the World Cup as England, was initially playing a Counter attacking 4-4-2 with a low press but whilst it wasn't conceding many, we didn't score all that many either. Switched to an attacking, ultra compact style in the group games after going 1-0 down to Mexico in my second game (we beat Holland 3-1 in the first game) and it turned that game around and the subsequent game against Uruguay (who finished bottom of the group with 0 points) and decided to start with it in the second round against Chile.

This is the result: 

image.png

Went on to beat Portugal in the quarters 2-0 and grind out a win by the same score against Brazil, before beating Poland in the final 1-0.

I'm telling you now, if you named an England squad that featured Redmond, Lingard, Vardy and Deeney as it's main attacking threats, you'd be sacked on the spot.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2017 at 23:03, MadJack said:

I have signed Rory Delap  Giorgio Chiellini, who has a 20 long throw stat and thus fuck all my other tactical plans >_>

I remember on an old game when I managed Vancouver Whitecaps, I signed Kevin Alston and Eric Lichaj. Both had great long throws and played on the opposite sides of the pitch.

Funnily it was my probably the most in-depth I ever got with scouting and signing players. Crushed the MLS and won the World Club Championship.

Now I'm looking back on screen shots and seeing things like when we beat Boca Juniors 3-1 to win the World Club Championship, several maulings of New England (including a 9-0) and an unbeaten regular season where we scored 60 and conceded 10. I wish I still had that save somewhere :(