Football Manager 2018

Lineker

15 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Why are my arms so fucking long? They're nearly down to my knees!

Every manager is related to Giannis Antetokounmpo

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Game is out - cheapest place to buy it?

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I'm going to hazard a guess at CD-Keys.

Correct, 30.59 eurobucks at CDKeys.com (or 29.99 for your brits)

Edited by Jasonmufc

2 hours ago, Liam said:

I can probably ignore the Steam reviews I'm going to guess.

I mean, it's a binary voting system anyways. And in the past few years they've started putting up bad reviews to voice their general displeasure over games regardless of content. Like with NBA 2k and their microtransaction stuff, the NBA 2k steam page is like 70% negative reviews as a result. Also last year's FM had big time downvoting sprees throughout the year from fans who feel that the devs are just coasting on a market dominance and not innovating enough.

So Steam reviews are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Just now, Jasonmufc said:

I mean, it's a binary voting system anyways. And in the past few years they've started putting up bad reviews to voice their general displeasure over games regardless of content. Like with NBA 2k and their microtransaction stuff, the NBA 2k steam page is like 70% negative reviews as a result. Also last year's FM had big time downvoting sprees throughout the year from fans who feel that the devs are just coasting on a market dominance and not innovating enough.

So Steam reviews are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

That's pretty much what I feel. People use it as a means to complain rather than a legitimate reviewing system.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

:lol:

I am just installing the real competition name fixes and logos etc before I even consider starting up!

Ditto. I've sorted the competitions, I've nearly finished copying over the player faces and I've got the logos downloading in the background. Gonna do the kits as and when.

22 minutes ago, Liam said:

That's pretty much what I feel. People use it as a means to complain rather than a legitimate reviewing system.

Steam forums are also best avoided. You probably wouldn't see much other than complaints this soon after release. The old-fashioned word-of-mouth is probably the best guide for games like this.

Just faffing around in the demo at the moment and I'm loving most of it. I didn't get the beta (because im not a cuck lolol etc).

Being able to have your CM's and ACMS go wide is perfect for my anti-wingers formation. The analysis and team scouting feels a lot better and the briefings are fun but I can sense them getting tiresome. But being able to tell them to shut up shop when we get to 3-0 is great. 

Oh and I'm 100% with Orient in 2 games so far. Obviously this game is a broken piece of shite.

Started off as unemployed with Sunday League reputation and I ended up getting the India U23's job and the Llandudno job. 

So I qualified for the Asia U23s competition in January, the way the qualifiers work though is mental. I played 4 games in 6 days and that was the whole of the qualifying done in July. I won 3 and lost 1 so managed to finish top of my group despite not knowing who any of the players were. 

With Llandudno I'm having a decent start. I've won 2 and lost 2 in the league, would have tied one of the games I lost if I didn't miss a penalty in the 85th minute <_<
Through to the 3rd round of "TheWord Cup" having beaten Carno and Caernarfon. 

I've still yet to play @Baddar's Barry Town. 

41 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Started off as unemployed with Sunday League reputation and I ended up getting the India U23's job and the Llandudno job. 

So I qualified for the Asia U23s competition in January, the way the qualifiers work though is mental. I played 4 games in 6 days and that was the whole of the qualifying done in July. I won 3 and lost 1 so managed to finish top of my group despite not knowing who any of the players were. 

With Llandudno I'm having a decent start. I've won 2 and lost 2 in the league, would have tied one of the games I lost if I didn't miss a penalty in the 85th minute <_<
Through to the 3rd round of "TheWord Cup" having beaten Carno and Caernarfon. 

I've still yet to play @Baddar's Barry Town. 

Gu on you Duds/Dids!

• Like 1