Football Manager 2018

Lineker

19 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I find the match engine leaves a lot to be desired still. Case in point, Yedlin receives the ball out on the flank in acres of space, stops, which causes everyone else to stop for some reason, has a think for a few seconds as the other 21 players on the pitch and 52,000 people in the stands looks on, then boots it out of play.

USA! USA! USA! :(

4 minutes ago, MadJack said:

I'm already at a loss for who to manage. Suggestions if any of y'all have them.

Forza Chape! 

Or actually if you want an interesting long term game go to the editor and change the rules in the Prem so you can't buy players.

I haven't really gotten into it yet but I can see the first few seasons at Newcastle being a slog, nothing upfront, nothing on the left side, one creative player in the whole team and just a generally unspectacular, bang average squad.

5 minutes ago, MadJack said:

I've loaded up all the leagues I could possibly want, and saved the game on day 1 without having added a manager, so any time I want to start a new game I can just load that. Can't believe I didn't think of this before now.

Genius. 

16 hours ago, MadJack said:

I've loaded up all the leagues I could possibly want, and saved the game on day 1 without having added a manager, so any time I want to start a new game I can just load that. Can't believe I didn't think of this before now.

The only problem is if you want to start a league on a different continent. You'll end up bang in the middle of the season.

21 minutes ago, MDK said:

The only problem is if you want to start a league on a different continent. You'll end up bang in the middle of the season.

Maybe I'm an oddball, but I love taking over a club in the middle of a season. Gives me a chance to get to know my players right away so I have a better idea of who I want to keep and who I want to ship out come transfer window. But that could be because I'm not anywhere near as familiar with these guys as you all are. But I like the challenge of mid-season takeover. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Meacon said:

Maybe I'm an oddball, but I love taking over a club in the middle of a season. Gives me a chance to get to know my players right away so I have a better idea of who I want to keep and who I want to ship out come transfer window. But that could be because I'm not anywhere near as familiar with these guys as you all are. But I like the challenge of mid-season takeover. 

There is an appeal there. My favourite saves of recent FMs have been winning the title with Spurs and getting promoted with Fulham, both of whom were well established in the bottom half at christmas. Just gotta load up the Brazil start date, there's usually a few interesting scenarios that pop up.

I usually just start unemployed and then start applying for jobs around November when people start getting sacked.

I found that over the years on this game, unless there wasn't a manager at the club at the start of the game, I found it increasingly weird to just add yourself to a club at the start that already had someone in place, odd really.