Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Summing up my FM18 experience so far, Javi Manquillo just passed the ball back to Rob Elliot, who just stood there and watched it roll over the line...

3 hours ago, MDK said:

Boreham Wood.

Biggest Strength: Heading
Potential Weakness: Attendance

plus point: less likely to hit anyone with the ball if it goes into the stand

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Libero is actually a viable option this game, with the new 'Bring Ball Out of Defence' PPM.

I managed to use it at Spurs for a while in the old game. I did have to retrain a player to do it effectively though. 

2 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Going to retrain Laporte to be one, he's got all the right PPMs and stats for it.

I'd imagine a good box-to-box midfielder would make a good Libero. Or a Regista.

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

I'd imagine a good box-to-box midfielder would make a good Libero. Or a Regista.

Definitely. Iver Fossum (or the other one, whichever one plays for Celtic) always made a good one on the last two FMs. James Ward-Prowse could do it but I'd much rather use him as an AP than spend the time retraining him at Lib.

4 hours ago, MadJack said:

Libero is actually a viable option this game, with the new 'Bring Ball Out of Defence' PPM.

Challenge accepted.

4 hours ago, MadJack said:

Definitely. Iver Fossum (or the other one, whichever one plays for Celtic)

Yeah, I know who you are talking about and it is that guy I turned into a Libero. His name is Chris Ajar or something. Turns into a quality player, absolute beast in the middle.

• Like 1

What logo pack are people using?

For some reason, all my logos work bar the Premier League ones and it's downloaded as part of a mega pack. Kinda annoying. 

6 hours ago, MDK said:

Yeah, I know who you are talking about and it is that guy I turned into a Libero. His name is Chris Ajar or something. Turns into a quality player, absolute beast in the middle.

Everyone knows the the most important attributes for a Libero are long hair and socks rolled down to your ankles.

• Like 1

Well its working thus far, only a few games into the season but I've won all of them. Playing

GK
                           Kepa Arrizabalaga
                                       Libero/A
                                Aymeric Laporte
            CD/C                                    CD/C
        Mikel San Jose             Xabi Etxeita/Yeray
  WB/S                             DM/D                             IWB/S
Mikel Balenziaga   Ander Iturraspe              Inigo Lekue
                                        B2B/S
                           Ander Herrera/Benat
  IF/S                                                                             W/S
Iker Muniain/Sabin Merino         Markel Susaeta/Inaki Williams
                                         CF/S
                             Artur Aduriz/Raul Garcia

Laporte's been ok thus far, nothing amazing, but he's still learning the role. 9 points from 3 games and I've won my four Europa League games to qualify for the Group Stage.

So I’m in the second season as Arsenal.

It’s just come up to 24/09 and it says I have a league cup game tomorrow against “?”. Confused, I look at the league cup schedule and notice that no games have been played in the 2nd round and it says “Draw to be made on 25/09” as well as the 3rd round.

Played SI.

Apparently it's a known issue that can be triggered when a Championship side wins the FA Cup. *slow clap*

I find the match engine leaves a lot to be desired still. Case in point, Yedlin receives the ball out on the flank in acres of space, stops, which causes everyone else to stop for some reason, has a think for a few seconds as the other 21 players on the pitch and 52,000 people in the stands looks on, then boots it out of play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1