Football Manager 2018

Lineker

On 11/16/2017 at 21:05, MadJack said:

I'm already at a loss for who to manage. Suggestions if any of y'all have them.

Start in the Irish First Division!

Or Gibraltar

My attempt to re-create Leicester's unlikely triumph failed after I finished 6th at the end of the 2015/16 season. I also embarassing got knocked out of the League Cup in the 3rd round by Championship club Burnley, and had unimpressive FA Cup and Europa League runs despite strenghtening my team considerably ahead of the final season. I'm planning on seeing England through Euro 2016 before resigning from both teams.

Qualification went well but winter friendlies don't leave me with high hopes. To make matters worse, Joe Hart suffered a major injury towards the end of the season and could potentially be out until after the group stage, but has been included in the preliminary squad regardless. I've also been forced to replace my injured third choice keeper Alex Smithies with Robert Green, himself ending the season injured. I was torn between the two anyway so I guess I'll have to make do with the game making my choice for me.

My group consists of Wales, Turkey, and the Czech Republic so there's even an outside chance that I won't make it into the quarter finals if things go badly.

Bring on the Euros!

EDIT - Knocked out on penalties by Belgium by the second round. <_<

Final Squad:
GKs - Joe Hart, Scott Carson, Robert Green
DFs - Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Phil Jagielka (vc), Leighton Baines, Michael Dawson, Glen Johnson, Keiran Gibbs, Micah Richards, David Wheater
MFs - Jack Wilshere, James Milner, Ross Barkley, Jack Rodwell, Jamie O'Hara, Matt Phillips, Adam Johnson*
FWs - Wayne Rooney (c), Theo Walcott, Gabby Agbonlahor, Connor Wickham

*I wasn't planning on using Johnson once I remembered who he was but I needed a squad member to cover the wings in case of injury; Tom Cleverley wasn't fit enough and there wasn't anyone else in my pool who met the criteria I'd been looking at for my preliminary squad, before I'd remembered he was a disgusting bastard. It's a shame I had to choose my final squad with two friendlies still to go, or else I might've managed to get Cleverley fit in time.

Eliminated from Preliminary Squad:
Jack Robinson, James Tomkins, Conor Coady, Tom Cleverley, Fabrice Muamba, Nigel Reo-Coker, Peter Crouch

Edited by Naitch

The wheels have fallen off! Having to rotate a settled squad has killed me.

wheels.png

At least I've got a nice easy run of games over Christmas and an easy cup draw. :shifty:

Finished my 1st season with Llandudno and India U23's. 

India U23s:
Got beat in the quarters of the Asian U23 tournament by the Aussies. Left immediately after cause fuck managing them anymore. Least I can speak basic Hindi now.

Llandudno:
12 wins, 13 draws, 7 losses meant I finished in 4th and 13 points behind TNS. I had the best defence in the league with 35 goals conceded, however I was 10 goals behind some of the teams around me.  

Won the Welsh Cup on pens against Bala and also lost to Bala in the League Cup semis. 

Won the Manager of the Year award to.

Plan is to see how far I get in Europa League qualifying but I am tempted to leave as soon as I can. I've made some bosman signings from other Welsh teams so hopefully see how the first few games go but might start looking at other jobs. 

Is anyone else finding a massive bias towards home teams?

I mean, what the fuck is this?

arsenalop.png

There's five teams unbeaten at home so far, Arsenal (11-0-0), Man Utd(10-1-0), Stoke (7-4-0), West Brom and Burnley (both 6-5-0). Whereas the best record away record is Liverpool's 5-1-5

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Is anyone else finding a massive bias towards home teams?

I mean, what the fuck is this?

arsenalop.png

There's five teams unbeaten at home so far, Arsenal (11-0-0), Man Utd(10-1-0), Stoke (7-4-0), West Brom and Burnley (both 6-5-0). Whereas the best record away record is Liverpool's 5-1-5

Seems like they are playing all of their games at home. Bit of an unfair advantage.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Baddar said:

Yeah but where did Barry finish@Davidmarrio?

And have they got Macauley Southam in their team?

9th they finished. 5 points ahead of relegation.

Macauley Southam did alright for Barry. Not great but not bad. 3 goals and 5 assists in 21 starts. But he has left to join greener pastures (signed him for nothing to join with my 17 year old regen to play two attacking mids) 

Normally played 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 last season. Figured this season I needed to be more creative and add more goals to the team so tried to get some more midfielders in.