Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Yeah, frustrating as it would probably be I’d quite like the Director of Football to be better integrated, as it is you can pretty much render him useless if you want and choose to control everything he would when in reality that gets imposed on the manager more than anything doesn’t it. 

Ive always thought it’d be neat if you could properly work your way up and maybe start as manager of the U19’s or something, and maybe get offered your first managerial job from there or if they could better integrate more club personality work your through to managing the first team. 

They should add something to at least incorporate some more kind of personality to clubs. Even if it’s just a ‘tendencies’ thing the way managers have. Like things that make certain clubs more likely to promote from within, like a Barca. Or more keen to focus on their youth players breaking through, again like Barca with La Masia.

Wish teams would be more likely to keep players on as coaches or something though rather than just letting them go. They definitely need to do better with the transition between going from a player to a coach.

• Like 1

I have too many strikers. I'm playing 3 up front still but none of them have got injured so I have one backup striker and one youth prospect in reserve. The youth is getting upset that he isn't playing much so I played him and he was shit, so he asks for a loan move after the summer transfer window. Idiot. At the start of the season he foolishly accepted a £200 p/w contract with the option of a 3 year extension. He is an England U19 player, mwahaha.

13 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Yeah, frustrating as it would probably be I’d quite like the Director of Football to be better integrated, as it is you can pretty much render him useless if you want and choose to control everything he would when in reality that gets imposed on the manager more than anything doesn’t it. 

Ive always thought it’d be neat if you could properly work your way up and maybe start as manager of the U19’s or something, and maybe get offered your first managerial job from there or if they could better integrate more club personality work your through to managing the first team. 

They should add something to at least incorporate some more kind of personality to clubs. Even if it’s just a ‘tendencies’ thing the way managers have. Like things that make certain clubs more likely to promote from within, like a Barca. Or more keen to focus on their youth players breaking through, again like Barca with La Masia.

Wish teams would be more likely to keep players on as coaches or something though rather than just letting them go. They definitely need to do better with the transition between going from a player to a coach.

I hope they introduce these kinds of things. It would make it much more interesting to play and certainly more of a challenge.

Or they sign a 29 year old for £13m, play him twice in two seasons and then sell him inexplicably for £27m.

I get pissed off at how cheaply they can sign players. I make an offer for a player worth 1k and they want 10m for him. The computer offers 10k and it gets accepted.

The board are a bunch of fucking cunts. Accept a bid for my best CB a few hours before the end of the January transfer window. Thanks a fucking lot.

Oh yeah, and he is moving to Swansea who I happen to be playing next. Crowbar to femur.

On 26/05/2018 at 20:04, MDK said:

I get pissed off at how cheaply they can sign players. I make an offer for a player worth 1k and they want 10m for him. The computer offers 10k and it gets accepted.

Yeah, this pisses me off so much too. I go for a player from like Freiburg or Hoffenheim and they're like "£200m please :)" so you have to leave it, and then another team not long after comes in with a far more realistic bid and it gets accepted and he goes to them. Takes the piss.

Is there anything more frustrating than actually having a bid accepted for a young player only to find out your Head of Youth Development or whatever is in charge of contract negotiations for young players and you can't change what they've offered and they reject it so you can't change it and go back for him to do it properly. Annoying.

On 26/05/2018 at 19:18, Arjen Robben said:

Yeah, they need to do something. As it is all the big teams just pay absurd fees to stockpile their squads with players they never use.

In my current save, Real Madrid has 6 goalkeepers in the main squad. I checked it out because one of them played for us last season and I had to sell him. Hasn't played a minute of football the whole season, but he didn't want to stay in my team so F him.

I manage in a world where Brexit has ruined every transfer of a foreign player to a British team, Tony Pulis is favoured personnel at Swansea and West Ham have reached the final of the Champions League after winning the Europa League the previous year.

Help.

• Haha 1

2aNJQE2.png

West Ham lost in the final due to going down to ten men through injury, a late Bayern Munich goal two minutes later and their substitute shooting straight at Neuer from the penalty spot in the literal last kick of the game. This all happened in the space of eight minutes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Gazz said:

Delete game.

This. If there's even a 0.00000000000000000000000000001% chance of the save game becoming sentient and evolving into the basis for an AI that will take over the world...it's a risk that's not worth taking.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

2aNJQE2.png

West Ham lost in the final due to going down to ten men through injury, a late Bayern Munich goal two minutes later and their substitute shooting straight at Neuer from the penalty spot in the literal last kick of the game. This all happened in the space of eight minutes.

Champion’s Cup? 

Yuck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just got my Orient team promoted into the Prem after 3 seasons in the Championship. Any idea how to not get completely bummed? Might go with the Norwegian 5-4-1 or something that requires no wingers.

• Like 2