Football Manager 2018

Lineker

12 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Draws not a bad result, still time for them to drop points. I think you said there's three games left after that one? 

Well, I just dropped two points at home to Hamburg and Bayern won...

They won with a game to spare. :(N):

2 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Man, you guys play this game much better (and a million times faster) than me.

But I also usually manage Braintree. <_< 

This is what happens when you have no job and no life... :shifty:

Bayern have actually started this season poorly. Six games in, they've won two, drawn three and just lost to Stuttgart.

Actually kind of annoyed that Stuttgart just beat them because where the fuck was that when I needed it at the end of last season you cunts? Either way, oh dear Kovac you mug.

So, I ended up finishing second in the Bundesliga to a Bayern side that lost only twice all season. I suppose all in all, it wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. 

Final league table:

Spoiler

LeipzigBundesliga.PNG

Final first team squad stats:

Spoiler

LeipzigSquad.PNG

Think it is reasonable to say that without Kampl, Poulsen and Werner I would have ended up much lower than 2nd. 

Also, a word for Willi Orban who played every minute of every game in the league and Europe. Good player on this.

Finally, I had a DFB-Pokal final against FC Bayern in the hope of gaining some sort of redemption. 

Spoiler

LeipzigDFBPokal.PNG

I got it! :wub:

@MadJack thanks for the inspiration of a fun Leipzig save!  

Oh, Bundesliga awards time. Poulsen, Kampl and Werner all top 3 for Player of the Year & Players Player of the Year.

I have a horrible job now of replacing Naby Keita. At the moment I have a shortlist of 4:

• Mario Lemina (£37.5m)
  • Badou Ndiaye (£21m)
  • Jean Michael Seri (£17.5m)
  • Bruno Fernandes (£32.5m)

I literally have no idea who to bring in., although I'm leaning toward Lemina.

• Like 3

How many games do you have left?

Finalised my 2018 summer transfers with Leipzig.

Spoiler

LeipzigTransfers.PNG

I broke my over 26 signing rule with Jagielka, but he was free, hardly costs anything in terms of wages and is being used as a tutor for a couple of quality young centre-backs I have coming through.

My DoF put in a loan offer for Renato Sanches and I couldn't pass up the opportunity and then Arthur became available. I think I am fairly stacked in central midfield now, the plan is to play Arthur in the Keita playmaking role and Lemina alongside in the CM support role. Laimer will have to be relegated to the bench this season and Renato Sanches will be cover for Arthur.   

Arthur's a great signing, I've signed him a few times and he's always really good, £17m is a great deal too.

I'm never sure on Renato Sanches, mentally and physically he's really good, but his technical attributes always look so average it always puts me off going for him cause I can't really see what he offers besides work rate. Good for cover though I think, Lemina and Arthur is a good central partnership. 

We're currently top of the league by five points after 12 games, but Bayern seem to have gotten over their bad start now and just smashed Dortmund 5-0 away so I'm nervous. Won my Champions League group with a game to spare at least. Timo Werner is currently on 24 goals in 21 games at Leipzig (14 in 11 in the league) so I'm excited for him coming in at the end of the season.

Getting confused about Leon Bailey, or the teams interested in him more specifically. I've seen Man Utd interested but I was able to stop him getting annoyed or anything by telling him he's influential, but I also have CSKA Moscow and fucking Newcastle linked with him for £80m? Seems unlikely that either of those would come in with any kind of bid I wouldn't just laugh off immediately.

19 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Arthur's a great signing, I've signed him a few times and he's always really good, £17m is a great deal too.

I'm never sure on Renato Sanches, mentally and physically he's really good, but his technical attributes always look so average it always puts me off going for him cause I can't really see what he offers besides work rate. Good for cover though I think, Lemina and Arthur is a good central partnership. 

We're currently top of the league by five points after 12 games, but Bayern seem to have gotten over their bad start now and just smashed Dortmund 5-0 away so I'm nervous. Won my Champions League group with a game to spare at least. Timo Werner is currently on 24 goals in 21 games at Leipzig (14 in 11 in the league) so I'm excited for him coming in at the end of the season.

Getting confused about Leon Bailey, or the teams interested in him more specifically. I've seen Man Utd interested but I was able to stop him getting annoyed or anything by telling him he's influential, but I also have CSKA Moscow and fucking Newcastle linked with him for £80m? Seems unlikely that either of those would come in with any kind of bid I wouldn't just laugh off immediately.

I have come to realise that Timo Werner must be signed on every FM game, he's unreal.

Mario Lemina got sent off 17 minutes into his league debut after going in two footed on someone. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

How many games do you have left?

Finalised my 2018 summer transfers with Leipzig.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm now 9 clear with 3 to go so I should do it. My run is Gladbach who are 7th, then Dortmund - 3rd - and finally Bayern.

I should do it.