Football Manager 2018

Lineker

This game is so realistic. I've managed to drag Orient into the PL after some exciting seasons... but now I'm just struggling against the might of the big players in the top flight I'm bored. Oh look, I might get mid table, my home made star players are getting their heads turnt like an Owl at a mouse shop, I don't have the money to pay decent players so I have to use the kids.

Just downloaded the demo because the game is down to ~£12 and it's definitely an improvement on the FM12 that I still often play, but I'll be damned if it isn't way more complicated to keep track of things.

1 hour ago, Jerazil said:

Jumped on the Liepzig bandwagon and so far Bayern have won 2 in 8 with 4 losses, have I somehow activated easy mode? :shifty:

Yes. 

:(

Reminds me that I need to pick my save back up. I think I only played the opening two games of the second season and am without a win.

So, my first choice keeper got injured.

And for some reason all my other keepers are out on loan. (I don't know how I managed to do that)

So I am alternating between two 16 year olds.

Not going well.

9 hours ago, Switzerlineker said:

They've released a patch.

Not sure what's been fixed yet.

Just an update to their privacy policy apparently to be compliant with GDPR, nothing more

Apparently, I didn't save yesterdays time playing at all!  So Vincent Eneayma never got injured and only lost 1 game now.

Honestly, kinda preferred the other way around. The chance of trying to come back from being several points off the pace and win the league would've been interesting. It was turning into a race between Limerick, Dundalk, Waterford and Parkvilla. Now it's just Parkvilla and Limerick.

Just checked the facts tab and noticed that Limerick's Youssef Al-Arabi is on 120K a week. The highest paid player in the whole league. Meanwhile, Shelbourne have 11 players who are earning €0! 😮

21 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Playing FM for the first time in a few weeks. Just conceded a 94th minute equaliser <_< A hat trick for their player :(N): Who is on loan from me :facepalm:

On the plus side: Your loaned player put three past your team, now you can put him on the pitch for you. Time to make like Ahnald and issue a total recall.

Can anyone give me a suggested team to play as on the demo to get a grasp of how the game works now? I have a week to decide whether or not I want to buy the full game in the Steam sale and so far I'm struggling to deal with the interface and six years worth of new features. The database seems to be post-transfer window because Giroud is at Chelsea from the start of the season.

1 minute ago, MexicoJack said:

So much this. Adding a good DF like Yussuf Poulsen to Spurs turns them into a team that can conquer everything.

Big fan of the DF.