Football Manager 2018

Lineker

I'm not sure, where do you find that out? Think I only ever see that listed in staff attributes. Can't find any mention of how adaptable he is or isn't from a coach report either, says he's versatile but I'm not sure if that's reflective of his ability to learn a position or just literally about the fact he can play in a bunch already.

I am getting humped in the PL. After three wins in a row to kick off my first season in top flight I barely scraped half a dozen points until the start of the January transfer window. Got some players in to help, a regen GK who is Scottish number one, a regen Costa Rica CB who looks mustard and Angel Gomes and Cauley Woodrow to help me in attack (nearly at the end of the season and they haven't helped me in attack).

Looking grim, but luckily the teams below me are doing even worse.

29 minutes ago, MDK said:

I am getting humped in the PL. After three wins in a row to kick off my first season in top flight I barely scraped half a dozen points until the start of the January transfer window. Got some players in to help, a regen GK who is Scottish number one, a regen Costa Rica CB who looks mustard and Angel Gomes and Cauley Woodrow to help me in attack (nearly at the end of the season and they haven't helped me in attack).

Looking grim, but luckily the teams below me are doing even worse.

How does the table look?

1 minute ago, PanamAdam said:

You must get a culture shock every time you fly out from Leyton for Chile matches.

Even more interesting when the matches are on the same day.

• Like 1

"Good news, Wally, I've got a business trip to Santiago! You can take the lads away to Scunthorpe for the cup match, I'll be back in a few days do you want anything from duty free?"

• Like 1

Started up CM 01/02 again a couple days ago and been playing it pretty solidly. Trying the Pentagon; started off in some random Russian Division 2 team and just missed out on promotion with them twice (3rd, then 4th). Resigned as we weren't getting anywhere, and ended up with Alverca in Portugal. Pulled them from bottom and 6 points from safety after 10 games and up to 4th by the end of the season and in the UEFA Cup.

Currently in my second season with them and we've had a really easy run in the UEFA Cup so far; we're in the final 16 and set up well for the future. 2nd in the league too behind Porto, who are just so far ahead in terms of the club depth that I've only managed a draw at best against them in four matches so far.

Also the 2002 World Cup final saw Germany beat Paraguay 2-0 <_< . United-Roma has been the Champs League final for both seasons too, with United winning both.

• Like 1

On 10/06/2018 at 18:22, Katsuya said:

Started up CM 01/02 again a couple days ago and been playing it pretty solidly. Trying the Pentagon; started off in some random Russian Division 2 team and just missed out on promotion with them twice (3rd, then 4th). Resigned as we weren't getting anywhere, and ended up with Alverca in Portugal. Pulled them from bottom and 6 points from safety after 10 games and up to 4th by the end of the season and in the UEFA Cup.

Currently in my second season with them and we've had a really easy run in the UEFA Cup so far; we're in the final 16 and set up well for the future. 2nd in the league too behind Porto, who are just so far ahead in terms of the club depth that I've only managed a draw at best against them in four matches so far.

Also the 2002 World Cup final saw Germany beat Paraguay 2-0 <_< . United-Roma has been the Champs League final for both seasons too, with United winning both.

Ended up being knocked out of the UEFA Cup in the semi-finals by Sporting Lisbon, then fucked up catching Porto in the Primeira Liga when we lost 3-2 to Boavista on the penultimate day; even a draw and we'd have won.

Annoyingly, Porto have now gone and poached my best player too at the start of the new season.

Oh, also, Denmark won Euro 2004, which England didn't actually qualify for after finishing 3rd in their qualification group.

• Like 1

Thought I'd finish the season off before the WC starts and it has come down to the final game. Me and Wolves battle to not be in the final relegation slot, same points but I have +2goal difference on them. My final run was brutal;  Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and finally City. Have won precisely fuck all but Wolves have been matching me in that regard. So, just need to equal Wolve's result. Popper is flappy.

11 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Why does that picture of him look like two halves of two different pictures put together?

Must be a promo picture.