Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Just beat some 2.Bundesliga team in the quarter-final of the DFB-Pokal and post-match, their manager tells me that we aren't as good as we think we are. 

We're ahead of Bayern at the top of the league by 2 points chump. 

Two points. You're making all those memories of about two hours ago come flooding back to me :crying: AND you're Leipzig, the ultimate insult.

UlhfFbG.png

D'you reckon I'm covered defensively? :unsure:

Making decent use of Hamburg and Werder Bremen getting relegated to get Douglas Santos and Robert Bauer in as cover at full back for a relatively low cost. Bauer was only £1.7m and is natural at right back, defensive midfield and centre midfield, so that's some nice versatility to have. Might see who else they have that might be going cheap. Koln got relegated too actually and I'm tempted to sign Timo Horn even though I don't need him at all.

Sometimes I want a few draws along the way, winning every game almost gets dull. :lol: I have only drawn three games all season. I don't think FM likes draws.

Although I have a trip to Camp Nou next, I might play that and then go outside.

Got to the Europe League final with Bangor City! Finished 3rd in our Champions League group and went via that route. Ended up losing 3-0 to Barcelona in the final but it did wonders for Wales co-efficient as we've gained a 2nd Champions League place.

I've been doing the same thing as what's been said above, signing young prospects but also developing my own players. 4 of my first choice match day 18 came through my youth academy (I don't have a dead cert starting XI) and a few good prospects getting a game here and there so happy with that.

We're also searching for a site to build a new stadium. Oddly enough smaller than our current one but we don't come close to filling it and this new one will have better facilities and will be all-seater.

• Like 3

So I'm being constantly outdone by long balls over the top. I've been playing with the offside trap so I'm gonna try turning that off, but playing counter, dropping deeper, structured/highly structured, none of that makes much of a difference. When I lost I tend to get thrashed, which is rather annoying. My defenders are all good quality for the level they are playing at so, I dunno.

19 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I find myself getting undone like that constantly as well, it proper winds me up watching my team passing it around then just lose the ball and one ball over the top just splits them. Dunno what to do to prevent it either.

I had a "Much Higher" Tempo and Closing Down set to "More" as well as playing the offside trap. I changed my tactics to remove the offside trap and it has immediately produced results. 6 wins in 8 (the two defeats were cup games against teams in a higher division) with 15 goals scored and 5 conceded. So yeah, fuck you offside trap. 

Advise me lads.

I've noticed Timo Werner is transfer listed by request and Leipzig want £56m. It's outside the transfer window at the moment anyway, but do I see if I can get him? Only other interested team at the moment are CSKA Moscow, oddly.

Getting rid of the offside trap has also worked very well, incidentally.

17 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Advise me lads.

I've noticed Timo Werner is transfer listed by request and Leipzig want £56m. It's outside the transfer window at the moment anyway, but do I see if I can get him? Only other interested team at the moment are CSKA Moscow, oddly.

Getting rid of the offside trap has also worked very well, incidentally.

Get him. He's unbelievable and only going to get better. His record for me this season is 24 goals and 15 assists from 30 games.

I have just finished round 28 of matches. I am one point ahead of Bayern and I have them to play in round 31 at the Allianz Arena. I seem to be playing before them every week and I cannot seem to make any ground. This all ends in tears. 

Yeah, he finished top scorer last season with 31 and 34, currently on 5 in 3. Advice just in time, I play Leipzig next, maybe I can somehow unsettle him with my bid if FM takes that in to any account.

Seems a no-brainer to go for him really but I'm always wary of spending huge transfer fees so I need convincing.

I believe in you. Don't let Bayern get away with a two point lead again :crying:

(Werner deal is done, £26m up front and then £25m in three instalments and £5m after 30 goals, pleased with that. "Only" wanted 84k too, expected to have to pay him in to the £100k's)

5 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I believe in you. Don't let Bayern get away with a two point lead again :crying:

(Werner deal is done, £26m up front and then the rest in instalments and then £25m in three instalments and £5m after 30 goals, pleased with that. "Only" wanted 84k too, expected to have to pay him in to the £100k's)

Bargain! 

Just qualified for the Champion's League and the board gave me an initial £75m transfer budget, that will go up another £62m with the Keita money. Fine by me.