Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Has anyone ever come across an edit to the teams start money? I've got a blank database to start with (which amusingly has Arsenal's best player valued at £2.7m and Barcelona's at £600k) but figured if Chelsea, Man City et al had huge finances you'd end up with the same teams, figured it'd be fun to start with a relatively level playing field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malenko said:

The best players would still refuse to go to the smaller clubs because of their lower reputation. Most definitely the top teams would be reshuffled though.

Oh yeah, obviously, but even so it would shake a lot of things up, and the financial element would create a really interesting playground.

Lionel Messi: It has always been a dream of mine to sign for Grimsby Town.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arjen Robben said:

I find it quite annoying that this game doesn't credit a player as having won a cup if they didn't play in the final, even if they've played basically every game leading to the final.

John Terry knows exactly what you mean.

• Like 1

When renewing contracts, some players have no interest in staying, so I just try selling them to get something in return. I will be losing them anyway at the end of the season, so why not?

Sometimes, they are all offended like "I'm happy here and I feel you're pushing me out of the club", and I'm like "no u"

I feel the game has come a long way but there are still situations where events happen based solely on something that just happened, instead of taking into account other events that may have affected the situation and should be considered..

This is noticeable in a lot of the things, like the contract renewal situation, or cup winners being the ones who played when the team won the cup but not the ones playing in previous rounds or Southampton's manager being on the verge of sack regardless of the fact the current manager is actually doing a great job.

They could look into some of these things.

5 hours ago, Benji said:

Oh yeah, obviously, but even so it would shake a lot of things up, and the financial element would create a really interesting playground.

The financial element would be a fuckery. I've done this kind of save before and its easy to be build an unbeatable team - if you're ok with paying every one in your starting 11 and subs 200k a week or more. Messi and Ronaldo go nowhere for less than 500k a week.

57 minutes ago, Malenko said:

When renewing contracts, some players have no interest in staying, so I just try selling them to get something in return. I will be losing them anyway at the end of the season, so why not?

Sometimes, they are all offended like "I'm happy here and I feel you're pushing me out of the club", and I'm like "no u"

I feel the game has come a long way but there are still situations where events happen based solely on something that just happened, instead of taking into account other events that may have affected the situation and should be considered..

This is noticeable in a lot of the things, like the contract renewal situation, or cup winners being the ones who played when the team won the cup but not the ones playing in previous rounds or Southampton's manager being on the verge of sack regardless of the fact the current manager is actually doing a great job.

They could look into some of these things.

There is lots of little fuckery like that in the game.

Does anyone else often arrange transfers to arrive at the end of the season? Even if it's pre-season of your current one? Sometimes I want to secure future signings and have them done to arrive the next summer to know they're coming in and better prepare it to reshape things. Immediate loan back always good to use too.

Always annoying though when someone has a release fee but it doesn't apply if you arrange it for a future date rather than immediately.