FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

If instead of it being a fair play advantage, if it was a goal advantage that had Japan go through, would you think any different of what happened? While I did not like to see that, they did play according to the rules, and they played a "calculated risk". They did nothing in their match, but if by any chance there was a Senegal equalizer they would be gone in pretty ridiculous fashion.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

ah, you're right, sorry, it was Paraguay. I've done so well blocking all memory of Paraguay in the World Cup out that I've started subbing in another eight-letter country that starts with P.

Oh God, i had managed to block that out as well till now.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I don’t understand all these people complaining that he’s resting everyone.

It makes perfect sense. We’ve qualified. Imagine Kane getting injured in this game and missing the actual future important games. 

I wasn't sure how to feel about it but it's a great chance for the second string. And I think people should be even less bothered since Belgium are doing the exact same thing.

Mongy Phil Jones faces on a global stage!!!

Trent making his World Cup debut!!!

Jamie Vardy's gonna be having a party!!!

John Stones could potentially become leading goalscorer for England!!!

WHAT MORE DO PEOPLE WANT?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

3 minutes ago, DMarriocco said:

Mongy Phil Jones faces on a global stage!!!

Trent making his World Cup debut!!!

Jamie Vardy's gonna be having a party!!!

John Stones could potentially become leading goalscorer for England!!!

WHAT MORE DO PEOPLE WANT?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

Not to use the word mongy tbh.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Switzerlineker said:

Who the fuck is going to watch that Piers Morgan shite? I'm amazed they've stuck that on in place of, you know, post match analysis and discussion.

Is that what it was? They’re not doing post-match analysis?!

Gonna make this the first night I don't watch either match. Two reserve teams playing each other desperate not to win and a meaningless game between two teams that have not exactly been a good advert for football aren't appealing to me.

1 minute ago, Switzerlineker said:

Who the fuck is going to watch that Piers Morgan shite? I'm amazed they've stuck that on in place of, you know, post match analysis and discussion.

You never know. Pamela Anderson may have some excellent tactical analysis of the time RLC played in tonight's game. 

This could be the weirdest game all cup, if both England and Belgium try to actually come through as 2nd (which promises the easier way to the final on paper)

A German announcer just suggested they could kick the ball around for 90 minutes, then a english player takes of hs shirt for a yellow card and the 1st place will be decided randomly.

• Like 2

It'd actually be really easy to guarantee a loss but it would be poor sportsmanship and would cut down your potential bench substantially.