2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

2 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

Isn't this similar to what Marshawn Lynch did before heading over to Oakland?

This is me personally but I consider it different because the Seahawks still owned his contract and got something in a trade. Incognito tried to sneak out of his deal and go somewhere else. I think I would feel the same way even if it wasn't a piece of shit doing it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Yeah, when a player retires with time left under contract the contract is frozen and the team retains their rights forever.

When Tiki Barber wanted to make a comeback in 2011, four seasons removed from retirement, the Giants still had to formally release him from his old deal.

Same with Favre and his one year stint with the Jets.  He only did that because the Packers wouldn't trade him to the Vikings

8 hours ago, livid said:

Does that make it better at all though? I mean, Incognito can really say anything he wants if he doesn't actually follow through with anything related to retirement, his status stays the same and if the guy doesn't want to play there then he doesn't want to play there. If I'm the Bills, I'd rather know now than in July.

I mean, the guy is a piece of shit but for reasons other than waffling for a few days on whether or not he wants to retire.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a shit move either way. You're getting paid millions to play a game. If you want out of your contract to go somewhere else, there's other ways to do it.

On 4/10/2018 at 18:28, Meacon said:

He's a ginormous twat, but he was a good lineman. Can't fault munky for being frustrated with a hole in his O-line now. 

Better to have a hole in your o-line than to have that a-hole in your o-line.

• Like 1

• Admin

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Daryl Worley was arrested Sunday morning after he was allegedly found passed out inside a vehicle blocking a highway, according to NFL Network.

The Eagles confirmed Worley's arrest and later Sunday announced that they had released Worley.

According to NFL Network, Worley was tased during the 6 a.m. arrest after he allegedly became combative toward police. A gun was found at the scene, according to the report, which added that the incident occurred near the Eagles' team facility.

Worley was traded to the Eagles by the Panthers in March in a deal that sent wide receiver Torrey Smith to Carolina.

• Admin

Denver are releasing CJ Anderson.

James Harrison has announced his retirement.

The Seattle Seahawks are adding another backup quarterback not named Colin Kaepernick. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Seattle will re-sign Austin Davis, according to a source informed of the situation. The QB will get a veteran minimum deal, per Garafolo. Garafolo was told signing Davis won't end the team's talks with Kaepernick.

9 hours ago, Lineker said:

Denver are releasing CJ Anderson.

James Harrison has announced his retirement.

The Seattle Seahawks are adding another backup quarterback not named Colin Kaepernick. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Seattle will re-sign Austin Davis, according to a source informed of the situation. The QB will get a veteran minimum deal, per Garafolo. Garafolo was told signing Davis won't end the team's talks with Kaepernick.

"Hey Colin, still planning on kneeling?"

"Yep"

2 weeks later

"So Colin, about the kneeling."

"Still doin' it."

2 weeks later

"Hey Col-"

"Not gonna stop"

• Like 3

• Admin

Malik McDowell has been released by the Seahawks. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Seattle will release last year's second-round defensive tackle in the near future, according to a source. Dude never even played a snap for them.

I wouldn't mind re-watching the 2007 draft because it's headlined by one of the biggest busts in NFL history but also has 4 definite HOFers and a couple more you could make an argument for. 

10 minutes ago, livid said:

I wouldn't mind re-watching the 2007 draft because it's headlined by one of the biggest busts in NFL history but also has 4 definite HOFers and a couple more you could make an argument for. 

Zak DeOssie:  first ever long snapper in the HOF!  :D

2007 also featured one of my favorite "fans angry over draft pick" reactions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2