NFL 2018

Lineker

6 hours ago, Meacon said:

Height has become more irrelevant with so many quarterbacks leaving the pocket. The whole “must be tall!!!” mindset should have died when quarterbacks stopped being statues in the pocket. But there’s still tons of old school men running franchises so they think measurables, like quarterback’s height, are more important than they really are.

I think Brees fell to round 2 because of his height. You can see how much height has mattered for him. 

Hell, Doug Flutie had a bit of success. Granted, took him awhile.

As for quarterbacks in this year's draft, I still stand firm in what I said last year about if your team needs a quarterback, you better hope they take one in the 2017 NFL Draft. Herbert is decent, and probably topping out at being another Ryan Tannehill in the NFL. He's not going to be a mega-franchise quarterback. But it's the NFL and they're going to overvalue him because he's a quarterback, so it is what it is. Fortunately for all the teams that don't need a quarterback, the defensive side of this draft is going to be staaaaaacked.

• Like 1