NFL 2018

Lineker

25 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I just want to see the Super Bowl be a rematch of this or KC/New Orleans.  I’m sure the Patriots will fuck it up.

Probably.  The Pats should have three easy wins (Jets twice, Bills).  Their three tough games are the Steelers, Vikings, and Dolphins who for some reason always seem to give the Pats fits in Miami.  But it's the Pats in crunch time, so if they found a way to go 5-1 it really wouldn't surprise me.

The Chiefs should roll the Raiders twice, but the Ravens could potentially go on some sort of a run with Lamar, a Thursday game against the Chargers feels like a toss up, and Seattle is never an easy place to play.  If late season Andy Reid does late season Andy Reid things, there could easily be two losses there.

Overall I could see both teams finishing 12-4 which would give the Pats the 1 seed yet again.  I know the Chiefs nearly beat them this year but I'd be hard pressed to ever bet against the home Pats in January.

With the Chiefs defense and Andy Reid coaching I feel okay if we can send out Lamar Jackson against the Chiefs. Like not a "we'll win" mood, but a "if a guy fumbles here or someone botches a punt return we've got a shot" mood.

I think KC can still win the AFC, but that defense just makes me pause at the thought. I think an all-LA Super Bowl is very possible.

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

It's a wide open conference and (barring last week) their defense has been very strong.

Their wins are against the Bills,  49ers, Raiders, Browns, Titans, Seahawks, and the Raiders again.  

26 minutes ago, Lineker said:

How big is a class?

Reed, Bailey, Gonzalez and probably Seymour are locks. The fact that Coryell isn't in is criminal, ditto Tom Flores. Johnson deserves to be in as well, and, yes, @Meacon, Karl Mecklenburg should be a Hall of Famer. I wouldn't mind Atwater, either, tbh.

• Like 1

Gonzalez, Reed, and Bailey are all eligible for the first time.  Gonzalez and Reed are definitely going in on their first try.  Bailey is a bit more on the fence - he's certainly going in but the question is will it be instant or will he have to wait a year or two.  But I felt the same way about Brian Urlacher and Jason Taylor, and they both got in instantly so I think there's definitely a tendency to reward the most recently eligible guys even if loads of others at the same position have been waiting for a while.

So that's three of the five Modern Era spots.  As for the other two?  Lots of luck picking between that group.  I'll go with Don Coryell and Edgerrin James but it really can go in a million different directions.