Football Manager 2019

Gazz

7 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Who's Oliver at #10?

About time someone did an Everton save and documented it on here for my curiosity :P

Oliver Torres I believe his full name is. Got him from FC Porto for about £10m in the first season, my ideal long-term replacement for Sigurdsson. He’s doing quite well at the moment.

Jonjoe Kenny is also having a bit of a stormer this season since Coleman has been injured (he’s always injured, even missed his own testimonial). 

On 25/11/2018 at 13:08, Liam Mk2 said:

Oliver Torres I believe his full name is. Got him from FC Porto for about £10m in the first season, my ideal long-term replacement for Sigurdsson. He’s doing quite well at the moment.

Jonjoe Kenny is also having a bit of a stormer this season since Coleman has been injured (he’s always injured, even missed his own testimonial). 

yeh think he was an athletico youth player prior to porto? always enjoyed signing him on fm as he was always a bargain

Update on my adventures at Goodison Park.

The January transfer closed and here I sit on February 1st, knockout out of both domestic cup competitions by way of Newcastle United at the 4th round stage of the FA Cup and at the 2nd round stage after a home loss to League One Ipswich Town.

Meanwhile, in the league I am locked in a battle for the final Europa League spot, currently one position below in 8th. 11 wins and 9 losses from 24 games isn't exactly the record I was hoping for this season. To help with our-run in, I felt that we needed to make one signing of intent, somebody to come in and improve our attack (as my philosophy is simply score more goals than the other team, who cares about clean sheets).

So I turned to Michy Batshuyi for a tidy sum of £12.5m that could potentially cost me upto £18m. I thought he was worth it at that price, he has excellent finishing, pace, composure and anticipation which is something we are lacking in the forward areas. Elsewhere, I signed Alexander Djiku from Ligue 2 side Caen to bolster our defensive ranks at the small price of £4.5m.

The exit door at Goodison Park was a little more active in January as I had a couple of fringe players / deadwood that needed to go. First off was Dominic Calvert-Lewin. I never had any plans to move him on as he was proving to be a useful squad player who could fill in on the right wing or up front if injuries hit but when Crystal Palace came in with an offer of £23m up front, with the fee rising to £26m, I simply couldn't refuse it, so off he went. Following him out the door was recently recalled Shani Tarashaj who I dispatched to Norwich for the tidy sum of £3m.

Then were a couple of loan arrangements, which begun when I recalled Nikola Vlasic from his loan at Real Sociedad (annoyingly I noticed I did not include the team name fixes so I end up with the default names, such as Real San Sebastien in this case) as he was getting next to no first team football, despite them telling me he would. So off he went to Hamburg in the Bundesliga for the remainder of the season where he will hopefully get the football he needs as he's reaching an age (23) where it is make-or-break time. Whilst Vlasic's loan deal was being finalised, I was looking for a temporary home for Josh Tymon since he has only made one appearance for us this season and that came in the 2nd round of the Carabao Cup, he was happy enough to join Portsmouth in the Championship. Lastly, Tomas Soucek was loan to fellow Premier League side Bournemouth as he was kicking up a fuss about not playing, and when they offered to take him for the rest of the season, pay all his wages and give me £200,000 a month I had to let him go. 

My plan for the rest of the season is to start blitzing teams with pace now that I have a forward line consisting of any combination of Richarlison, Lookman, Walcott, Batshuyi and Vietto. 

Then I think more surgery is required in the defence. Mateo Musacchio in particular has been dreadful, everytime he plays he makes a mistake that will lead to at least a golden chance for the opposition, my attempts at letting him go in January failed so he will be first on the chopping block in the summer. I am on the lookout for a new centre-half, I need someone to compliment Keane, preferably that's already rated at 4 stars. My scouts are already on the case. Then I may look to sign another playmaker to replace the ageing Gueye and Schneiderlin as I think I could cash in for a fair few bob as Chinese clubs are interested in both of them.

League table as of 1st February 2020:

Spoiler

image.png

Squad details/stats:

Spoiler

image.png

• Like 1

some real good transfer dealings liam, enjoying reading about your save!

Blooding the youth is going well, basically a youth team beating basically a full strength leicester, Burkart shouldve had a hat trick before picking up a knock

KhTtOTB.png

• Like 2

There are several of those that aren't thought about just because most people won't ever see them. I remember playing a league from a small country where there were only 3 referees for some reason. Whenever there were more than 3 games being played at once you had a ref doing double duty.

I can't remember which league it was, but it wasn't one of the 51 default leagues. It was one of those that exist in the database but you have to activate in the editor or download someone's country files for it to work.

• Admin

So, DoctorBenjy uploaded the first episode of his new series for FM19 today: 

Ignore the naff intro - this custom North American database sounds bloody fantastic and I may buy well the game in a month's time, when he makes it available for download.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Malenko said:

There are several of those that aren't thought about just because most people won't ever see them. I remember playing a league from a small country where there were only 3 referees for some reason. Whenever there were more than 3 games being played at once you had a ref doing double duty.

I can't remember which league it was, but it wasn't one of the 51 default leagues. It was one of those that exist in the database but you have to activate in the editor or download someone's country files for it to work.

But this is an official SIGames download :<

It's not a bug, in an effort to ease fixture congestion, the Gibraltan FA decided that all league games are played as fatal four ways with a goal on each side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gazz said:

It's not a bug, in an effort to ease fixture congestion, the Gibraltan FA decided that all league games are played as fatal four ways with a goal on each side.

You sure you don't want to make that a tag team match, playa?

Image result for teddy long gif

Having won my second treble in a row at TNS I decided it was time to move on. My choices were Queen of the South (Just won promotion to the Scottish Prem), Hearts (finished 4th in Scottish Prem) and Sheffield Wednesday (Just finished 9th in the Championship). Took the Wednesday job as Queen of the South and Hearts both seem to be working on very tight wage budgets and Wednesday had a bit of room to play with. This became a lot more room to play with after a few contracts expired, including saying bye bye to Jordan Rhodes and his £50,000 a week.

Board want a top half finish and third/fourth round in the cups. Only about £500,000 transfer fund but £100K a week spare wage budget. Areas that needed improving were strikers and wingbacks, not that they were awful, just not as good as the rest of the team. Loans have sorted the issue in defense and up front (Depaoli on the right, Hancko on the left in defense, Jay Rodriguez and Tammy Abraham up front which I'm very pleased about). Funded a bit more spending by selling Barry Bannon to West Brom for £9Mil (plus a potential £2mil in extras) which for a 30 year old I can't complain about. This allowed me to bring in Luca Mazzitelli for £450K who had been on loan with Wednesday last season and Mo Besic for £3.1M. Missed out on the chance to sign Jordan Pickford on loan for the season as Everton want his full wages AND £500K a month even though they have him listed for loan.

Start of the seaon has been iffy. A couple of good draws away at Middlesbrough and Sheffield United let down by a 3-2 home loss to Fulham, though just thumped Rotherham 5-1 in the Carabao Cup 1st round. Seven goals between Rodriguez (2) and Abraham (5, including a hat trick against Rotherham) in four games so far.

Edited by hugobomb

On 03/12/2018 at 19:44, MDK said:

Just noticed a glitch. Gibraltar only has one stadium

This is my favourite thing about Gibraltar's domestic league.

That and it's just full of people who are clearly related

22 hours ago, hugobomb said:

Having won my second treble in a row at TNS I decided it was time to move on. My choices were Queen of the South (Just won promotion to the Scottish Prem), Hearts (finished 4th in Scottish Prem) and Sheffield Wednesday (Just finished 9th in the Championship). Took the Wednesday job as Queen of the South and Hearts both seem to be working on very tight wage budgets and Wednesday had a bit of room to play with. This became a lot more room to play with after a few contracts expired, including saying bye bye to Jordan Rhodes and his £50,000 a week.

Board want a top half finish and third/fourth round in the cups. Only about £500,000 transfer fund but £100K a week spare wage budget. Areas that needed improving were strikers and wingbacks, not that they were awful, just not as good as the rest of the team. Loans have sorted the issue in defense and up front (Depaoli on the right, Hancko on the left in defense, Jay Rodriguez and Tammy Abraham up front which I'm very pleased about). Funded a bit more spending by selling Barry Bannon to West Brom for £9Mil (plus a potential £2mil in extras) which for a 30 year old I can't complain about. This allowed me to bring in Luca Mazzitelli for £450K who had been on loan with Wednesday last season and Mo Besic for £3.1M. Missed out on the chance to sign Jordan Pickford on loan for the season as Everton want his full wages AND £500K a month even though they have him listed for loan.

Start of the seaon has been iffy. A couple of good draws away at Middlesbrough and Sheffield United let down by a 3-2 home loss to Fulham, though just thumped Rotherham 5-1 in the Carabao Cup 1st round. Seven goals between Rodriguez (2) and Abraham (5, including a hat trick against Rotherham) in four games so far.

great deal for bannan there!

Whos Everton's no.1 currently?

Seems to be mix of him and Marcelo Grohe (£7.5M summer buy) right now, they've taken Pickford off the loan list. 

After taking 8 points from my first 7 league games (2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses) along with getting knocked out of the Carabao cup 2nd round against Charlton on penalties (which despite them being last in the Championship at the time the board have not gotten too annoyed about), I switched tactics from 4-4-2 to 4-1-4-1 (with attacking midfielders) in an effort to retain the ball bit more while keeping my promise to play attacking football. Seems to have worked as we've won our last six in a row to put us 2nd behind Fulham (making me feel a little better about that loss to them)

Continuing my save where im blooding the youth at united, already won the 1st leg 5-0 so went almost all youth, while giving a couple of debuts to Layvin Kurzawa and Thomas Partey (£30mil combined) and nice to get a 3-1 win over a full strength burnley, now onto spurs in the final after they won their semi final 7-1 on aggregate, so between us we won 15-2 on agg 😂

7jzjeyO.png

Managed to get rid of Phil Jones (£30mil to Monaco), Fellaini (recalled from loan at Newcastle and sold to Jiangsu for £24mil) and Marcos Rojo (£19mil, rising to £26mil to Brighton) so some nice business there

Edited by mattu29