NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

7 minutes ago, The Radical Moongoose said:

I’ve been a fan of the sport for a few years, but I’ve never really gravitated towards any team. I want that to change this year, who should I pick?

What kind of team are you interested in?

Old Glory looking for new success: Lakers, Celtic
Plucky team with youngsters: Nuggets, Pelicans
Eternal suffering with no end in sight: New York Knicks

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Due to no Pittsburgh teams I ended up following the Timberwolves because I liked their young roster and their navy/neon lime green colour scheme. I wouldn't recommend choosing a team based on colours.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

What kind of team are you interested in?

Old Glory looking for new success: Lakers, Celtic
Plucky team with youngsters: Nuggets, Pelicans
Eternal suffering with no end in sight: New York Knicks

I don’t think it’d be Boston or LA, I did like the Bulls with D Rose so maybe Detroit although I don’t like the Bad Boys or the 04 team. I have opinions and things I like/dislike about most teams and I have my favourite players. I just can’t seem to have a connection with a certain team. 

4 minutes ago, Chris2Kay said:

Due to no Pittsburgh teams I ended up following the Timberwolves because I liked their young roster and their navy/neon lime green colour scheme. I wouldn't recommend choosing a team based on colours.

I did take an interest in them because of D Rose but with him gone I only really like KAT and RoCo

Take a look at the Utah Jazz. Young superstar in Donovon Mitchell, best defensive player in Rudy Gobert, one of the best coaches at developing young players. Made quite a few changes this off season already, is being called a dark Horse for the championship by many members of the media.

Also if you like a team that's obsessed with European players, support the Dallas Mavericks.

They have current rookie of the year and biggest Euro star since Giannis Antetokounmpo (and their just-retired Franchise cornerstone, Dirk Nowitzki), and Latvian unicorn Kristaps Porzingis, and John Wick 3 star and general oversized freak of nature Boban Marjanovic, and a litany of other plucky Europeans.

Oh and there's some Canadians and Americans too, but they seem to be working hard to replacing them all with Euros.

Luka Doncic had the best rookie season since LeBron James, and arguably a better one than James. A player that can seemingly do everything and the sky is the limit.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Its gonna be interesting to see how Luka does in his second season. Can he avoid the sophomore slump? Did he improve this summer? If Kristaps can come back close to 100% and gel well with Luka, they can make some noise in the west.

5 hours ago, The Radical Moongoose said:

I don’t think it’d be Boston or LA, I did like the Bulls with D Rose so maybe Detroit although I don’t like the Bad Boys or the 04 team. I have opinions and things I like/dislike about most teams and I have my favourite players. I just can’t seem to have a connection with a certain team. 

I did take an interest in them because of D Rose but with him gone I only really like KAT and RoCo

Detroit is a good place. We’re mired in mediocrity, but team is interesting kind of. I loved them old Pistons teams, but I’m from the area. I loved the grit and defense of those teams, they were scrappy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Also if you like a team that's obsessed with European players, support the Dallas Mavericks.

They have current rookie of the year and biggest Euro star since Giannis Antetokounmpo (and their just-retired Franchise cornerstone, Dirk Nowitzki), and Latvian unicorn Kristaps Porzingis, and John Wick 3 star and general oversized freak of nature Boban Marjanovic, and a litany of other plucky Europeans.

Oh and there's some Canadians and Americans too, but they seem to be working hard to replacing them all with Euros.

Luka Doncic had the best rookie season since LeBron James, and arguably a better one than James. A player that can seemingly do everything and the sky is the limit.

The Mavs are my second favorite team after the Lakers, and have been for years.

Allow me to be the first to congratulate the Milwaukee Bucks on their winning of the Eastern Conference in 2020.

The trade for George includes the Clippers sending the Thunder the highest amount of draft picks, most of which are first round, in history.

Same here, @The Chiksrara Special, same here.

So, has does everybody think the West stacks up now? Clippers, Lakers, Jazz, Mavs, Nuggets, Rockets. Warriors, Spurs, Blazers, Pelicans.  Pretty much every team has a shot at the playoffs, outside of the Wolves, Thunder, and Suns. The Kings will probably get squeezed out. I have a feeling that somebody is going to miss the playoffs in the West, despite having a much bette record than the eighth seed in the East.