NFL 2019

Maxx

13 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Predictions:

NFC North:  Packers

Packers won six games last year even with an extremely hobbled Rodgers, a healthy Rodgers with some new playmakers and an offensive-minded head coach could be trouble.

They don't have any new playmakers? Same group from last year on offense. 

1 hour ago, DMN said:

I'm just looking for ways to turn my inability to not draft Raiders into a positive.

I'm also down to basically try any twist on fantasy football. Most of them aren't great. Is there a all-22 format? Draft o-line as a unit, get points based on rush yards, sack/pressures allowed, individual defensive players, let's get really into the weeds, I wanna draft third string defensive tackles.

I've always wanted to do a league that is different from the norm. Draft individual defense players, coaches, stuff like that.

Anybody done a league where you only get points based on when your players actually score? Your WR scored a TD? Six points. Kicker kicked a FG? 3 points. No points for anything else, just scoring. It's an interesting concept. 

I think the Bears' defense is going to be good enough to keep the Packers from winning the NFC North.

AFC East: Patriots

AFC North: Steelers

AFC South: Texans

AFC West: Chargers, but the Chiefs will give them a run for their money

NFC East: Eagles

NFC North: Bears

NFC South: Falcons

NFC West: Rams

AFC Wildcards: Jaguars, Chiefs

NFC Wildcards: Cowboys, Seahawks

Super Bowl predictions: Patriots over Rams again. But this time it'll be a 7, not 10, point difference. Because the Rans' D is slightly better, and the Patriots are incapable of blowing anyone out in the big game.

53 minutes ago, livid said:

They don't have any new playmakers? Same group from last year on offense. 

Oops, was tired last night.  Meant to say a healthy Rodgers with an offensive-minded coach plus a bunch of new defensive playmakers, since they went very heavy on D in the draft.

That’s probably one of the more interesting divisions to me since I can’t get a read on the Vikings.  3 team races are always fun.

The all-22, that'd be a fun league I'd say @Pooker @DMN

I took a look at Yahoo and they have more positions open on defense. No OL which I guess makes sense, so you could do a league with the following:

• 1 QB
  • 1 RB
  • 1 WR
  • 1 TE
  • 2 RB/WR/TE FLEX spots
  • 1 K
  • 1 DT
  • 2 DE
  • 3 LB
  • 2 CB
  • 2 S
  • 1 DEF PL Flex Spot
  • 5 Bench Spots

That'd be 23 (including the bench spots) 

Must have upped it.  Good luck finding people who want to do a 23 round draft.

55 minutes ago, DMN said:

Put that together with a dynasty league where we only draft rookies and have some form of free agency and we could almost have our own sim league.

We’re sorry, you’ve reached Maxx’s limited for how much he wants to keep track of in fantasy football.  Please adjust your requirements and try again. 

23 minutes ago, Maxx said:

We’re sorry, you’ve reached Maxx’s limited for how much he wants to keep track of in fantasy football.  Please adjust your requirements and try again. 

I can't argue with this, you already do a ton of shit for the rest of us to enjoy, which, thank you, by the way.

I'd offer, but, well, we all know my ability to stick to anything is less than desirable, and, yeah, that'd be a massive undertaking to set-up.

I never do live drafts in fantasy, mainly because I never know if I will be able to be online for it. In all the fantasy sports I've done, I've only ended up garbage off the bat once not doing my drafting live. But fortunately I had some really garbage players added to my `do not draft' list so I didn't get stuck with total trash. (It was a fantasy baseball, and I had to adjust my pitching because my bullspin was meh, and I got too many bad outfielders.)

My one gripe about fantasy football is that you draft an entire team's defense. If you do damn good drafting on offense and special teams, you can end up a bit fucked if you get stuck with the worst defense in the league.  

Punter roster spots are actually pretty good. I would be totally open to playing with them, but they can be a bit fickle since some games you might have 2 punts and another 7.

I remember one year I played in a league with KR/PR spots and my god was that awful. I'd rather do IDP than that.

When I was at my peak fantasy league playing days, I was always in a bunch of regular leagues, and then a bunch of weird ones. One was the idea mentioned above where you only got points if your guys scored touchdowns. Another was however many points your defense gave up, you had that subtracted from your team's weekly score. I was in an all defenders league. I was in a league that you chose one player at each position and the rosters were locked. Not trades, no waiver wire, no substitutes. That was the year Tom Brady was out for the season. The guy that drafted him got hosed on that one. :lol: 

I’ve heard of a few leagues that even have offensive line.  Usually you draft an entire team’s line like you would with a defense. Points for meeting yardage thresholds, negative points for sacks, etc

Given the popularity of PFF’s offensive line rankings I could straight up see there being dynasty leagues where you have individual linemen, and actually a full roster from QB to punter.  It could actually be super fun and immersive but much like a real team, you might have to rebuild over several seasons.

• Like 1

Goff actually reached a Super Bowl, though. If Dak thinks he's going to get a deal like that, he's insane. And if Jerry Jones gives him anywhere near that, as far as guaranteed is concerned, then Jones is fucking insane.

3 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Goff actually reached a Super Bowl, though. If Dak thinks he's going to get a deal like that, he's insane. And if Jerry Jones gives him anywhere near that, as far as guaranteed is concerned, then Jones is fucking insane.

I have some news for you about Jerry Jones.

• Like 3