NFL 2019

Maxx

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

What a shitshow. Brown and the Raiders belong together, though for how long who knows. :lol: 

About two more hours it turns out

1 minute ago, Pooker said:

Do we think the Patriots are the only team willing to take a chance on him?

People forget about them, but the Redskins are always happy to take on divas.  But AB may have burned his bridges with the Gruden family.

• Like 1

The only thing I’m going to talk shit about the Raiders for is seemingly getting the situation smoothed over yesterday, and then still fining him and voiding the guarantees.  Just felt like a weird choice to be like oh we may fine him, make him have to issue an apology and claim he’ll play on Monday, and then kick the hornets nest again.  Despite that nest totally deserving to be kicked.  Otherwise yeah, the Raiders did everything they could do and got screwed here

8 minutes ago, Meacon said:

giphy.gif

Some days are just better than others...

:lol:

We'll see on Monday ;)

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The only thing I’m going to talk shit about the Raiders for is seemingly getting the situation smoothed over yesterday, and then still fining him and voiding the guarantees.  Just felt like a weird choice to be like oh we may fine him, make him have to issue an apology and claim he’ll play on Monday, and then kick the hornets nest again.  Despite that nest totally deserving to be kicked.  Otherwise yeah, the Raiders did everything they could do and got screwed here

That was before the YouTube video. Every time Oakland would give him a chance to stop and just play football and make $30 million he'd go 'nah'.

Like, I'm a guy known for cutting off my nose to spite my face to stand for what I think, but this is beyond that. The Raiders gave him chance after chance.

I also think Gruden was playing good cop and this was in the cards all along unless Brown did a 180.

25 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Do we think the Patriots are the only team willing to take a chance on him?

the waterpipes talk about the niners (who seem to have the cap space and was allegedly his initial destination)

I'm normally a Raider hater but I can't see how any of this is their fault. This is all on AB. Raiders did everything possible to make it work.

I really hope the 49ers don't sign him. I don't want the drama. Then again, I was against signing Sherman and that hasn't turned out too bad.

14 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I'm not sure the Patriots would take a chance on him. Because I don't see Kraft, Brady or Belichick putting up with his shit for long. 

The Pats always take chances on troubled players.  They generally always have a team good enough to contend for a Super Bowl without bringing any of these players in, so they really aren’t risking anything by trying to get that much better.  If the player gets to the point of being too much of a headache (see Moss in 2010, Haynesworth in 2011), off they go and they keep plugging along without issue.

Who would have thought a guy who deserted his team hours before a crucial make-the-playoffs-or-don't game would turn out to be a nightmare to deal with?

We got Diontae Johnson and Zach Gentry from draft picks as part of the trade, and without playing a minute of regular season football they are the better option.

1 hour ago, DMN said:

People are gonna talk shit about the Raiders (what else is new, lol), but I honestly don't see what they could have done differently other than just give him whatever he wanted, which probably goes the same way eventually.

We should stop trying to trade for Steeler wideouts, though.

I feel sorry for the Raiders, they've been burned by an egomaniac determined to undermine his talent by behaving like an out-of-control child.