NFL 2019

Maxx

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Listening to Drew Rosenhaus talk about it, there’s no doubt in my mind this was all planned.

this

4 hours ago, TCO said:

Tom Brady's below market value contracts and the Patriots partnership with TB12 Sports are completely unrelated, I'm sure.

That kind of partnership is going to be made illegal the second he retires.  

It was so obviously planned, at least on Brown's end, that I don't even care. Another in the long line Patriot bullshit, which goes back long before Brady, Belicheck, or even Bob Kraft, hence the picture of Matt Millen punching a Patriot's GM in the face.

Fuck the Patriots. They're lucky we don't play this season or Abrams and KuJo would be getting their Jack Tatum on against AB.

Edit: I realize being like 'fuck the Patriots' and saying 'I don't care' kinda seems incongruous, but, like, I care as far as sports go, but it doesn't effect my life, you know?

5 minutes ago, DMN said:

It was so obviously planned, at least on Brown's end, that I don't even care. Another in the long line Patriot bullshit, which goes back long before Brady, Belicheck, or even Bob Kraft, hence the picture of Matt Millen punching a Patriot's GM in the face.

Fuck the Patriots. They're lucky we don't play this season or Abrams and KuJo would be getting their Jack Tatum on against AB.

Edit: I realize being like 'fuck the Patriots' and saying 'I don't care' kinda seems incongruous, but, like, I care as far as sports go, but it doesn't effect my life, you know?

Oh for sure, the NFL became far more watchable and tolerable when I moved out of New England.  I’m forever on the fuck the Patriots train, but way less invested about it now that their awful fans aren’t constantly around me

11 hours ago, Pooker said:

I mean, they did just sign a player who was set to make $30 million, to a $9 million contract. And Tom Brady has been making how little for how long? They are kinda buying titles, just in their own Patriot way.

I thought it was 15 plus 9 in a signing bonus. Not as much as the Raiders but that doesn't exactly feel like under paying to me

Yea, you are right. First report I saw was $9 million with a $7 million signing bonus. Now ita reported as worth up to $15 million with a $9 million signing bonus. I guess they are paying Brown this year about as much as he was set to make in one year with the Raiders but still, my point remains about Brady.

There were rumors back in March that the Steelers had a better offer on the table from the Pats but they, understandably, didn’t want to trade him to an AFC contender.

That’s probably the moment Brown decided he’d force his way to the Pats.  What he wasn’t counting on was the Raiders putting up with his erratic behavior for two months before finally releasing him.  If it were up to Brown, he’d have been released early enough to suit up and play the Steelers tonight.

And frankly, he was taking a gamble that they didn’t just suspend him and keep him on the reserve/suspended list all year.

12 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

I’ve got Jets/Bills and Eagles/Racist Team Name to choose from.  Would normally be at my dad’s watching Red Zone but he was away this weekend.

Will stick with Jets initially since I’m keen to see how Bell does after such a long lay-off.

Is there really a 2nd and 59 in that game or did I just read it wrong?

I really like this Ravens team. True it is only Miami they are playing and the dolphins blow worse than Dorian. And Lamar throwing the ball