NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Ricky Rubio is my 3rd favorite (well, depending on Steve Nash) player in the league. He has elite defensive skills and passing ability for sure. But his shooting IS that bad.

Quom, I like the use of some advanced stats (WAR, for example), but the one that really matters, WS/48, aren't and haven't been there. Even if he shot at a below average rate, something like 40-42% and not in the 30s, he'd be much more effective. ]

He's the poor man's Jason Kidd. Until he shoots the ball at some decent %, it will stay that way.

Seriously? The stat that says Patty Mills was the fifth best PG in the league last year and D.J. Augustin, George Hill and Isaiah Thomas the eighth, ninth and tenth best PGs is the one we should take in isolation?

I assumed I didn't have to explain that minutes per game and usage is a factor. I probably should have said WS/48 and Win Shares instead. It's also not a ranking system. It's more of a range that gives an idea if a player is good or not (.100 is always the league average). Starting at .08 for two seasons then .107 on your third like Rubio is a sign you aren't a good player yet. In Rubio's case, he's the type player where he just needs to get his one glaring weakness (shooting) to merely average and he'd be a great player. Think of it like a school report card with 4 As and 1 F. You aren't making the honor roll with that 1 F, but you may with a C instead.

For the record. Mills, Thomas and Augustin had very good seasons last year. Mills shot 46-42-89 and was a valuable bench piece for San Antonio. Augustin was downright brilliant down the stretch (and at other points) for Chicago. Thomas too could probably make some argument about being near the top 10 in PGs (depending on what you are looking for from your PGs).

Westbrook out until Decemeber, Durant maybe back in January, Jones is even down...the Thunder would have to play the best ball ever seen in the 2nd half to even sniff a Western playoff spot.

They'll sneak in the bottom 4 of the West, I'm still sure of it. They have 2 of the 15 best guys in the league, when they come back they'll be fine.