Football Manager 2018

Lineker

rzdCYE5.png

I like this thing they've added too, I think it's new for this year anyway? I think they do one for title challenges when there's a few teams left that can win it too. Not a super big addition or anything but it's a nice touch to kind of add to the build-up and whatnot either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arjen Robben said:

Nah, just seems that snapshotting the screen on my MacBook results in huge pictures for some reason.

Also, I've just been amused to find I have Stuart Taylor in my reserves. Still going strong. And by strong I mean 37 years old and still hasn't cracked 100 league appearances.

I assumed you were playing FM Lite as you seem to fly through your seasons.

Ah, they usually take ages tbf because I think my PC is so shit and slow the dinosaurs were probably using it and everything takes an absolute age. Got about three programs open and it's like "pleeaaaaase, spare me."

Have FM, Spotify, Safari, iTunes and shit open on my MacBook and it's smugly going "Piece of piss this. Open more if you like." So yeah, breezing through. Dunno why I didn't think of using my Mac to play FM before the last week really. 

(It was case I couldn't bare transferring like 10GB of stuff to a USB stick and then to my Mac)

I think the game has, and always has had, a problem with differentiating between who did what in a single season. It keeps talking about me like “the board are running out of patience” and how I had a terrible season. Quite annoying. Even when the board confidence says they won’t be judging my Premier League performance based on this season everything else is like “HOW SHIT ARE YOU? NEARLY RELEGATED? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED AND PROBABLY EXECUTED.”

It’s like when you get that press conference question that’s like “Last time you faced them you lost, will you be wanting some revenge?”

No mate, I didn’t lose anything. Point your fingers at Pellegrino. 

I should just refuse to speak to them, probably a load of snivelling shits like John Cross and Neil Custis anyway.

Suppose I did get knocked out of the FA Cup by Leeds.

It has been months since I played any form of FM. At the weekend I booted up FM 2012 to have a little play (just because of all the FM versions I have on Steam, it's the one I apparently played the most).

Pre-season friendly against Atletico Madrid. Courtois (playing for them at the time) catches a simple long ball, then walks forward four more paces until he steps out of his area.

Handball!

Red card!

I'd forgotten just how stupid the FM engine can be at times...

• Haha 1

comeback.png

3-0 and a man down with 20 minutes to go, changed from a 4-4-1 to a 4-2-2-1 (4-2-3-1 with no AMC). Football genius.

Regen, I'm using the level 10 English database so most players were generated by the game to fill the squads.

12 hours ago, The Gazz said:

Regen, I'm using the level 10 English database so most players were generated by the game to fill the squads.

Got a link to the mod?