Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Looking at his full stats from last season, it mentions he started 1 cup game (and scored) and his only other first team appearance was off the bench in Europe. I checked some of Dortmund's fixtures last season and there's no mention of him having scored any league goals or featured in any of the few I checked properly either. Bizarre.

Spoiler

So with Bangor City, I somehow managed to qualify for the group stage of the Champions League. I thought, maybe we could get at least one beatable team in the group stage and make a go for 3rd place. Well.... nope...

B8BC59C8DF7495B6FEC9542B7FD236FAE1527C46

First game against Inter at home, we started well, even going 1-0 up before losing 4-2. Still pretty credible.

We really shown where we were in game 2 as we went to the Nou Camp, even the players were ashamed..

F5223494AF05AF8AEF7C4C3BC7D9F3954034E4BF

Ah well, game 3 vs Dortmund away, lost only 2-1, better than it sounds though as they had 40 attempts at goal to our 1. We played better in the return game in round 4 but eventually went down 4-1.

Game 5 we went to the San Siro with just like the other games, the aim of trying to keep the score credible. We go 1 down early on and I thought "here we go again". They battered us for 83 of the 90 minutes but couldn't score again. But man... what a 7 minutes that was for us!

BCFA2F7FD721FBFB5FF780CA1A189DF7C0A9ADAB

The own goal was on 43 minutes.

We're already knocked out but the prize money for that win pays our players wages for a year and a half!

Some screenshots in here so put it in spoilers for length.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Nelson said:
  Hide contents

So with Bangor City, I somehow managed to qualify for the group stage of the Champions League. I thought, maybe we could get at least one beatable team in the group stage and make a go for 3rd place. Well.... nope...

B8BC59C8DF7495B6FEC9542B7FD236FAE1527C46

First game against Inter at home, we started well, even going 1-0 up before losing 4-2. Still pretty credible.

We really shown where we were in game 2 as we went to the Nou Camp, even the players were ashamed..

F5223494AF05AF8AEF7C4C3BC7D9F3954034E4BF

Ah well, game 3 vs Dortmund away, lost only 2-1, better than it sounds though as they had 40 attempts at goal to our 1. We played better in the return game in round 4 but eventually went down 4-1.

Game 5 we went to the San Siro with just like the other games, the aim of trying to keep the score credible. We go 1 down early on and I thought "here we go again". They battered us for 83 of the 90 minutes but couldn't score again. But man... what a 7 minutes that was for us!

BCFA2F7FD721FBFB5FF780CA1A189DF7C0A9ADAB

The own goal was on 43 minutes.

We're already knocked out but the prize money for that win pays our players wages for a year and a half!

Some screenshots in here so put it in spoilers for length.

*loads up new game in Wales*

• Haha 1

I've heard that FM Touch has issues running on even high end tablets. I was considering that version (my tab is the Samsung Galaxy S2, paid just shy of £300 for it recently), and I opted for the mobile version instead. Doesn't have the 3D engine, but runs great.

Bony just wanted you to leave him alone-y.

• Sad 1

At Bangor City, once I reach the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions/Europa League, my home matches were moved to the Racecourse Ground due to requiring a minimum of 8000 seats, however, now they've been moved to the "Conwy International Stadium" owned by the local council. My first match there was apparently thee first match there and it was a 38,500 sell out which got us a whopping £1m in gate receipts, hammering our record attendance and gate receipts. At the Racecourse ground we were limited to 10,500 as standing areas are not allowed in Europe. 

D7A754D932D7291CED4C9E57C0A124B1F646AE2D

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2018 at 15:43, Lineker said:

Has anyone played this 95/96 database?

I loaded it up, and my God it takes ages to load up and I have a good PC, and it is a wave of nostalgia. No Orient, but whatever. Its great until you try to buy someone since the transfer system hasn't gone back to 95/96 levels.

18 minutes ago, MDK said:

I loaded it up, and my God it takes ages to load up and I have a good PC, and it is a wave of nostalgia. No Orient, but whatever. Its great until you try to buy someone since the transfer system hasn't gone back to 95/96 levels.

When you say it takes ages to load up, is that to set the game up or for the game to run? That's probably a stupid question, but I'm not very technically minded.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

When you say it takes ages to load up, is that to set the game up or for the game to run? That's probably a stupid question, but I'm not very technically minded.

When you first start it. When I start up a normal game I load up all the leagues and this still didn't take as long as that.